Subject: [manet] AODVv2

From: "Ratliff, Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 19:47:26 +0000

Hello, WG -

Coming out of today's MANET interim meeting, I got an action item to ping the list, asking for reviews and comments on AODVv2. Specifically, we are looking for what are considered severe technical defects - "showstoppers", if you will. If you know of any, please respond and list them now. The items we are actively working on are:

1.       RFC 5444 compilance. There have been discussions on this topic within the AODVv2 editorial team; expect a change to the spec to address this issue soon.

2.       Gateway functionality. We are actively working on the gateway section of the draft, and are in discussion with Justin on this issue.

Additionally, Justin mentioned an issue with bi-directionality that he was not completely comfortable with. We will work with him to resolve that as well.

If there are any other issues, please let us know.

Regards,
Stan
________________________________
Stan Ratliff  |  Architect, Applied Research
VT iDirect  |  13861 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171, USA
T: +1 703 544-8520  |  F: +1 222 123-4567
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>  |  www.idirect.net<http://www.idirect.net>
Connect with iDirect: Twitter.com/iDirect<https://twitter.com/idirect>  |  Facebook.com/iDirect<https://www.facebook.com/idirect>

Advancing a Connected World

_____________________________________________________
This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contains
information from iDirect, which may be privileged, proprietary
and/or confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
_____________________________________________________

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:49:56 -0400

Stan: 

I apologize I could not attend today's MANET meeting.  I will be glad to
send in a review of ADOVv2 and my view of pros/cons of the OLSR-v2 and
MT-OSLRv2.  There is a place for both.  I'm really over-the-top busy until
early next week.  Will that be soon enough? 

I hope that you will work with these protocols a bit longer as the
deployments of some of the Wifi technologies are getting deployed. 

Sue 

From: manet [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ratliff, Stanley
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 3:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] AODVv2

Hello, WG - 

Coming out of today's MANET interim meeting, I got an action item to ping
the list, asking for reviews and comments on AODVv2. Specifically, we are
looking for what are considered severe technical defects - "showstoppers",
if you will. If you know of any, please respond and list them now. The items
we are actively working on are: 

1.       RFC 5444 compilance. There have been discussions on this topic
within the AODVv2 editorial team; expect a change to the spec to address
this issue soon. 

2.       Gateway functionality. We are actively working on the gateway
section of the draft, and are in discussion with Justin on this issue. 

Additionally, Justin mentioned an issue with bi-directionality that he was
not completely comfortable with. We will work with him to resolve that as
well. 

Regards,
Stan 

  _____  

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]  |
<http://www.idirect.net> www.idirect.net

Connect with iDirect:  <https://twitter.com/idirect> Twitter.com/iDirect  |
<https://www.facebook.com/idirect> Facebook.com/iDirect