Subject: [manet] AODVv2 RFC5444 packet changes

From: Lotte Steenbrink <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:27:41 +0200

Hi all,
after a lot of discussion and some consultation with Henning, we've updated AODVv2's RFC5444 packet section so that each Address is now associated with a TLV that can definitively identify the Type of the Address (i.e. Originating Address, Target Address, etc). We've chosen to create a new Address Block TLV type for this, namely ADDRESS_TYPE. Each address is associated with an ADDRESS_TYPE TLV which contains a specific value encoding the type of the address (see Table 12). 
Attached you'll find the modified sections. 
Additionally, we removed the following two paragraphs from Section 7:

From 7.1:
  The OrigSeqNum data element in a RteMsg MUST apply only to OrigAddr.
   Therefore the other address in the AddressList is TargAddr.  If the
   TargSeqNum data element is included, then it MUST apply only to
   TargAddr.

From 7.2:
The TargSeqNum data element in a RteMsg MUST apply only to TargAddr.
   Therefore the other address in the AddressList is OrigAddr.

As always, we're looking forward to your feedback!
Regards,
Lotte

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 14:18:12 +0200

>    Therefore the other address in the AddressList is OrigAddr.

Hi,

I contributed to this change and I think it should resolve all of the
RFC5444 encoding issues... there is no dependency anymore necessary
for the order of addresses, for the splitup into address blocks or on
addresses without address block tlvs.

It also simplifies a few parts of the encoding which should allow
making the "sequence number TLV" a generic TLV for all future RFC5444
messages (same with the PATH COST TLV).

Maybe some of the other RFC5444 specialists can have a look, maybe I
forgot about something.

Henning Rogge