Subject: [manet] FW: New Non-WG Mailing List: 5gangip -- Discussion of implications of the upcoming 5th Generation (fixed and) Mobile communication systems on IP protocols.

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:40:27 +0000

FYI..  May be of interest to some of you.

Alvaro.

On 10/8/15, 4:09 PM, "IETF-Announce on behalf of IETF Secretariat"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]>
wrote:

>A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.
>
>List address: [email-masked]
>Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=5gangip
>To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/5gangip
>
>Purpose:
>
>5G Aspects of Next Generation Internet Protocols
>
>This list is intended for discussions relating the use of Internet
>Protocols, e.g. IPv6, IP Multicast, etc. in 5G networks. As the fifth
>generation mobile technology (5G) begins to draw more attention in all
>major standards development organizations (SDOs) as well as in IETF, many
>are interested in work around 5G. Typical use cases are in 50+ Mbps
>Everywhere, Massive Internet of Things (IoT), Extreme Real-Time
>Communications, Lifeline Communication, Ultra-reliable Communications,
>Broadcast-like Services.
>
>Major design criteria are technology independence and a modular
>interoperable approach to allow for full service flexibility. This group
>is expected to concentrate especially on 5G aspects of next generation
>Internet Protocols (IP) including IP Multicast. As such, the work does
>not have a clearer scope than this yet. 5Gangip is a place to organize
>this discussion. 
>
>
>For additional information, please contact the list administrators.
>