Subject: [manet] DLEP credit windowing comments

From: "Wiggins, David - 0665 - MITLL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:11:46 +0000

Glad to see credit windowing split out and progressing.   A few comments:

When a router receives an update containing only a Credit Window
Status, exactly what should it do with the MRW?  Should it just
overwrite whatever it has for that destination's MRW with the new MRW?
If so, this would seem to provide a second mechanism to grant credits.
The modem could simply include the additional credits in its MRW,
instead of in a Credit Grant.  Is that allowed?

What happens when the router receives an update containing both a
Credit Grant and a Credit Window Status?  How are the router's MRW
(for that destination), the MRW from the window status, and the
granted credits combined to get the new router's new MRW value?

An answer on the list would be great, but I suggest that the above points be
clarified in the draft too.

A couple of nits:

In the overview: "Credits represent the number of data octets, or an
increment in the number of plane octets, that can be sent on a given
window at OSI Layer 2 to the receiver."  I'm guessing these octets
both wanted to be "data plane octets"?

In 7.1 Credit Grant:
"Reserved:  A 64-bit unsigned integer representing the additional
 credits to be assigned to the credit window."
Reserved -> Credit Increment

David