Subject: [manet] IE'16 - Call for Workshop Proposals

From: IE2016 Workshops <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:53:11 +0100

[Apologies for multiple postings]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Call for Workshop Proposals

12th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE’16)
12-16 of September 2016, London - UK
http://www.intenv.org/

Intelligent Environments (IEs) refer to physical spaces in which IT and
other pervasive computing technology are woven and used to achieve specific
goals for the user, the environment or both. IEs have the ultimate
objective of enriching user experience, better manage, and increase user
awareness of that environment. The 12th International Conference on
Intelligent Environments (IE’16) will be held in London, U.K., one of the
most influential cities in the modern world, with a rich range of cultural
offerings to visitors. The beginning of the conference will be preceded by
a series of workshops on topics related to the main conference.  The
workshop program will be co-located and run in parallel with the tutorials
programme.

The workshops at IE´16 will be a very useful tool in order to complement
the regular program with new or emerging topics of particular interest in
the field of Intelligent Environments and related areas. Workshops that
emphasize multi-disciplinary and transversal aspects, as well as
cutting-edge topics, are especially encouraged and welcome.

Workshop Acceptance Rules: The decision on which proposed workshops get
accepted will be carried-out through a two-stage process.  Initially some
of the workshops proposed will be short-listed, based on the quality of the
proposal and the relevance of the topics covered.  These workshops will
later be confirmed at the Final Selection Stage (see section “Important
Dates”) if they have successfully attracted a sufficient number of
submissions and registrations. These workshops can last for a half day, a
whole day or (in exceptional cases) for a one and a half days.

Financial Support: some degree of financial support will be given to the
workshop organizers. That will be related to the success of the workshop.

Each workshop proposal should contain the following information: workshop
title, a description of the specific scientific/technical scope of the
workshop, a list of topics of interest, the reasons why the workshop should
be held within IE´16, details of all the members of the Organizing
Committee (OC), relevant experience of the organizers, identification of
the member of the OC who is the contact person, the list of members of
Workshop Program Committee, a preliminary version of the Call for Papers,
the proposed structure of the workshop and planned forms of publicity.

Proceedings: Proceedings: all papers accepted in the Workshops program will
be published as a volume of the Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments
Series by IOS Press, and made electronically available through ACM Digital
Library.  These Proceedings will be submitted for indexation by the
Conference Proceedings Citation Index from Thomson Reuters (CPSI-S).

Please take into account the following workshops when submitting your
proposal:

. SOFIEE - Symposium on Future Intelligent Educational Environments and
Learning
. WoRIE - Workshop on the Reliability of Intelligent Environments
. SOOW - International Workshop on Smart Offices and Other Workplaces

Workshops Chairs
Paulo Novais (University of Minho, Portugal)
Shin'ichi Konomi (University of Tokyo, Japan)

General Chairs
Juan Carlos Augusto  (Middlesex University, UK)
Gordon Hunter (Kingston University, London, UK)

Important Dates:
Receipt of workshop proposals: 1st December 2015
Informing proposers of selected workshops: 10th December 2015.
Workshop Chairs to receive papers from authors: 16th May 2016.
Workshop days: 12th-13th of September, 2016.

For further  enquiries and submission of proposals contact:
[email-masked]