Subject: [manet] Document Action: 'Multi-Topology Extension for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 14:53:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multi-Topology Extension for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol
   version 2 (OLSRv2)'
  (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology-07.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multitopology/

Technical Summary

   This specification describes an extension to the Optimized Link State
   Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) to support multiple routing
   topologies, while retaining interoperability with OLSRv2 routers that
   do not implement this extension.

   This specification updates RFC 7181 by creating an interoperable
   extension to it.  This specification updates RFC 7188 and RFC XXXX 
   (draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming) by modifying and extending TLV 
   registries and descriptions.

Working Group Summary:

   There were no particular points of contention in the WG process, and the
   consensus behind publication of this document as an Experimental RFC
   appears solid.

Document Quality:

   There are two experimental implementations of the specification.

   There have been good discussions of the document among the WG participants,
   in general (reflected in the acknowledgements section).

   There have been no specific MIB doctor, Media Type or other expert reviews
   done.

   This document hit a bump when the AD raised some issues about the IANA
   considerations (see History). The document was put on hold while 
   draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming was written and became adopted by the MANET
   working group.

   Unusually, this document includes an update to an I-D that is behind it in the
   publication process. draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming is a normative reference and 
   is shown as RFC XXXX in this document. This situation arises from the bump
   described above, and more directly from a desire not to completely rework this
   document or hold it up any further in the approval process (clearly it *will* be
   held in the RFC editor queue pending draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming.

Personnel:

        The Document Shepherd is Ulrich Herberg.
        The Responsible Area Director is Alvaro Retana.

RFC Editor Note

  Please replace XXXX with the RFC number assigned to draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming