Subject: [manet] IEEE SMARTCOMP 2016 - Call for Participation

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:00:01 +0200

** Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call for
participation **

=========================================================================
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
=========================================================================
IEEE SMARTCOMP 2016
2nd IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing
http://smart-comp.org
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
May 18 - 20, 2016

Sponsored by: IEEE Computer Society, National Science Foundation,
Missouri University of Science and Technology, IEEE St. Louis Section

======================================================================
Registration:  http://www.smart-comp.org/registration.html
======================================================================

======================================================================
Main Features:
======================================================================
*** Two keynote speeches - see
http://www.smart-comp.org/keynote-speakers.html
*** 24 Full Papers and 6 Concise Contributions
*** Panel on Smart Communities: Challenges and Opportunities
*** Best Papers Session
*** Work-in-Progress Session
*** Demonstration/Poster Session
*** PhD Forum
*** Two Cutting-edge Workshops - see
http://www.smart-comp.org/list-of-workshops.html
*** NSF Special Session on Funding Opportunities in Smart Service Systems"
     - see
http://www.smart-comp.org/nsf-session-on-smart-service-systems.html

=====================================================================
Preliminary Program Outline
=====================================================================
May 18: Workshops and NSF Special Session
May 19-20: Main Conference

May 19-20: Keynotes
May 19: Demo and WiP sessions, PhD Forum
May 19: Social Dinner
May 19: Panel
May 20: Best Papers Session

=====================================================================
Keynote Speakers
=====================================================================
Prof. Raj Rajkumar (Carnegie Mellon University)
Self-Driving Vehicles: The Road Ahead

=====================================================================
Panel Discussions
=====================================================================
Panel topic:  Smart Communities: Challenges and Opportunities
Panel Moderator:
    Klara Nahrstedt, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
Panelists:
    Glen Ricart, Founder and CTO of US Ignite
    Gurdip Singh, Program Director in Cyber-Physical Systems, NSF
    Prem Kumar, IOT Engineering Lead, Google Fiber
    Alex Rojas, Director of Distributed Technologies, Ameren Services
Company
    Pradeep Natarajan, Engineering Manager, IBM Informix IoT Solutions

=====================================================================
Technical Program
=====================================================================
 http://www.smart-comp.org/conference-program.html

May 19:
Keynote 1
Session 1A: Smart Mobility
Session 1B: Smart Healthcare
Session 2A: on Smart  Systems
Session 2B: Smart Data Analytics
Poster Session and PhD Forum

May 20:
Keynote 2
Session 3: Best Paper Candidates
Session 4A: Smart Cities
Session 4B: Smart Sensing
Session 5A: Smart Social Interactions

=====================================================================
Workshops - See http://www.smart-comp.org/list-of-workshops.html
=====================================================================
First International Workshop on Smart Service Systems (SmartSys)
http://mpsc.umbc.edu/smartsys/

Second International Workshop on Sensors and Smart Cities (SSC)
http://ssc2016.unime.it

=======================================================================