Subject: [manet] Document Action: 'Security Threats for Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 09:15:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Security Threats for Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)'
  (draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats/

Technical Summary

   This document analyzes security threats of the Simplified Multicast
   Forwarding (SMF), including the vulnerabilities of duplicate packet
   detection and relay set selection mechanisms.  This document is not
   intended to propose solutions to the threats described.

Working Group Summary

  Not a lot of WG discussion, but also no objections.

Document Quality

  The document describes the key security issues for the protocol 
   it considers (SMF), i.e. duplicate packet detection and relay 
   selection, the main issues regarding which are clearly described.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd = Christopher Dearlove
   Responsible Area Director = Alvaro Retana