Subject: [manet] [Errata Rejected] RFC7181 (4872)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 08:40:41 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC7181,
"The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7181&eid=4872

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-11-30
Rejected by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 16.2

Original Text
-------------
   TC messages MAY be generated in response to a change in the
   information that they are to advertise, indicated by a change in the
   ANSN in the Neighbor Information Base.  In this case, a router MAY
   send a complete TC message and, if so, MAY restart its TC message
   schedule.  Alternatively, a router MAY send an incomplete TC message
   with at least the newly advertised network addresses (i.e., not
   previously, but now, an N_orig_addr or in an N_neighbor_addr_list in
   a Neighbor Tuple with N_advertised = true or an AL_net_addr) in its
   Address Blocks, with associated Address Block TLV(s).  Note that a
   router cannot report removal of advertised content using an
   incomplete TC message.

Corrected Text
--------------
   TC messages MAY be generated in response to a change in the
   information that they are to advertise, indicated by a change in the
   ANSN in the Neighbor Information Base.  In this case, a router MAY
   send a complete TC message and, if so, MAY restart its TC message
   schedule.  Alternatively, a router MAY send an incomplete TC message
   with at least the newly advertised network addresses (i.e., not
   previously, but now, an N_orig_addr or an N_neighbor_addr_list in
   a Neighbor Tuple with N_advertised = true or an AL_net_addr) in its
   Address Blocks, with associated Address Block TLV(s).  Note that a
   router cannot report removal of advertised content using an
   incomplete TC message.

Notes
-----
Unnecessary preposition "in"
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
 From Christopher Dearlove (author):

The "in" distinguishes the cases of N_orig_addr and an N_neighbor_addr_list. The former is a single address, the latter is a list of addresses. Therefore one looks for the address as the former, or in (the word that should not be deleted) the latter.

This erratum must be rejected. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7181 (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-19)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2
Publication Date    : April 2014
Author(s)           : T. Clausen, C. Dearlove, P. Jacquet, U. Herberg
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG