Subject: [manet] RFC 8175 on Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:02:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8175

        Title:      Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) 
        Author:     S. Ratliff,
                    S. Jury,
                    D. Satterwhite,
                    R. Taylor,
                    B. Berry
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      82
        Characters: 177898
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-dlep-29.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8175

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8175

When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
routing decisions.  In mobile or other environments where these
characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
allow the router to make the best decisions.  This document
introduces a new protocol called the Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol
(DLEP), which provides a bidirectional, event-driven communication
channel between the router and the modem to facilitate communication
of changing link characteristics.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC