Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 02:24:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks of the IETF.

        Title           : Rules for Designing Protocols Using the RFC 5444 Generalized Packet/ Message Format
        Authors         : Thomas Clausen
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Henning Rogge
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-07.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   RFC 5444 specifies a generalized MANET packet/message format and
   describes an intended use for multiplexed MANET routing protocol
   messages that is mandated to use on the port or protocol specified by
   RFC 5498.  This document updates RFC 5444 by providing rules and
   recommendations for how the multiplexer operates and how protocols
   can use the packet/message format.  In particular, the mandatory
   rules prohibit a number of uses that have been suggested in various
   proposals, and which would have led to interoperability problems, to
   the impediment of protocol extension development, and to an inability
   to use optional generic parsers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/