Subject: [manet] [Extended Deadline] IEEE CNS'17 Workshop on Security and Privacy in digital Advertising (SPA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 01:16:59 -0400

Dear colleague,

Apologies for multiple postings.

************************************************************
********************

*2017 Workshop on Security and Privacy in digital Advertising *
*within the fifth IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security
(IEEE CNS - SPA 2017)*
*Las Vegas, Nevada, USA -- October 11, 2017*

*http://cns2017.ieee-cns.org/workshop/security-and-privacy-digital-advertising-spa
<http://cns2017.ieee-cns.org/workshop/security-and-privacy-digital-advertising-spa>*

************************************************************
********************

*IMPORTANT DEADLINES:*

*- Paper submission: July 31, 2017 (21:00 PDT)*
*- Notification date: August 11, 2017*
*- Final paper: August 17, 2017*

*CONFERENCE SCOPE:*

Digital advertising is one of the fastest-growing businesses of
contemporary economy: a worldwide market which is already worth more than
200 billion dollars per year, and expected to almost double by 2020. In
addition, the global spread of mobile devices, widespread adoption of
pervasive IoT technologies, as well as broad diffusion of social media
applications have been changing the original target of digital advertising,
therefore reaching out to an unprecedented number of users almost anytime
and anywhere. Given the multi-billion dollars nature of the advertising
market and the lack of legislation against ad fraud in many countries,
fraudsters have a strong economic incentive to perpetrate fraudulent
activities and exploit vulnerabilities of online advertising systems.

Many attacks on such systems have the goal of exhausting advertisers
budget. This could be either done by a fraudulent publisher who is
attempting to make more money than it deserves, or by a fraudulent
advertiser who is targeting other (antagonistic) advertisers to reduce ad
competition. Other threats may concern user privacy; indeed, ad networks
deploy user profiling mechanisms to better target advertising campaigns.
This mostly translates into tracking user's activities (e.g., for web
browsing, exploiting client-side browser state via cookies). Unfortunately,
these techniques collect a huge amount of information to identify, profile,
and trace the user. Users are thus in need of a way to control the sharing
of their information with advertisers in order to protect their privacy.

Given this challenging scenario, SPA seeks novel contributions describing
theoretical and practical solutions to the aforementioned problems, namely
how to make future digital advertising more secure and privacy-aware.
Submissions may represent any application area of digital advertising: from
traditional display advertising and sponsored search results to in-stream
native advertising and mobile app-install ads. In addition, visionary work
on new application areas of digital advertising, such as advertising on the
Internet of Things, are also highly encouraged.

*Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, Security and Privacy
Issues in:*

*- Display Advertising*
*- Sponsored Search*
*- Native Advertising*
*- Mobile Advertising (Web and in-App)*
*- Contextual Advertising*
*- Behavioral-targeted Advertising*
*- Location-targeted Advertising*
*- Marketplace and Economics of Computational Advertising*
*- Ad Clicks Attribution and Billing*
*- Ad Conversion Attribution and Billing*
*- Ad Network Traffic Analysis*
*- Ad Personalization*
*- Ad Blocking Technologies*
*- User Tracing and Profiling*
*- Social Network Advertising*
*- Social Media Advertising*
*- Cross-channel Advertising*
*- Data Mining for Internet Advertising*
*- Machine Learning for Computational Advertising*
*- Crowd-sourced Review Platforms*
*- Opinion Mining*
*- Psychological Advertising*
*- Real-time Bidding*
*- Statistical Game Theory for Computational Advertising*
*- IoT Advertising*
*- Advertising in Smart Cities*

*SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS*

Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently
under review in any other  conference or journal, and has not been
previously published. All submissions must be written in English with a
maximum paper length of 6 (six) pages including text, figures, and
references, and formatted according to the two-column IEEE conference
paper format (10-point font). Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE
Digital Library after the conference and included in the IEEE CNS
proceedings as well as IEEE Xplore. Papers should be submitted using the
CNS main conference submission system (EDAS).

*For more detailed information about the workshop, please visit the
workshop website: *
*http://cns2017.ieee-cns.org/workshop/security-and-privacy-digital-advertising-spa
<http://cns2017.ieee-cns.org/workshop/security-and-privacy-digital-advertising-spa>
*

*ORGANIZATION:*

*WORKSHOP CHAIRS*
*- Mauro Conti, University of Padua, Italy*
*- Gabriele Tolomei, Yahoo Research, UK*

*TPC MEMBERS*

Aris Anagnostopolous (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)

Ricardo Baeza-Yates (NTENT, USA)

Igor Bilogrevic (Google Inc., Switzerland)

Marc Bron (Yahoo Research, UK)

Stefano Calzavara (Ca' Foscari University of Venice, Italy)

Elena Ferrari (University of Insubria, Italy)

Paolo Gasti (New York Institute of Technology, USA)

 Jens Grossklags (Technical University of Munich, Germany)

Chhagan Lal (University of Padua, Italy)

Mounia Lalmas (Yahoo Research, USA)

Fabio Pinelli (Cloud4Wi, Italy)

Radha Poovendran (University of Washington, USA)

Min Shao (Yahoo Research, USA)

Fabrizio Silvestri (Facebook Inc., USA)

Angelo Spognardi (Technical University of Denmark, Denmark)

Julinda Stefa (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)

Thorsten Strufe (TU Dresden, Germany)

Selcuk Uluagac (Florida International University, USA)

Ran Wolff (Yahoo Research, Israel)

Chia-Mu Yu (National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan)

Moti Yung (Columbia University, USA)

-- 
Thanks,
Best Regards,
Chhagan Lal, PhD,
Research/Postdoc Fellow,
University of Padua - Department of Mathematics,
*SPRITZ - Security and Privacy Research Group*

*http://spritz.math.unipd.it/team.html
<http://spritz.math.unipd.it/team.html>*