Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control-01.txt

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 08:07:56 -0400

Hi,

     This rev includes basically the same clarification on sub-DI scope 
made in the pause draft.  It does include two notable changes:

     - the sub-DIs defined for the TC DI start at 1 -- we felt this 
would avoid confusion on sub-DI scope

     - the related IANA registry is scoped to the TC DI.

Please let us know if you have any comments or objections.

Thanks,

Lou (and co-authors)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control-01.txt
Date: 	Fri, 15 Jun 2018 05:02:51 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked], Lou Berger <[email-masked]>, David Wiggins 
<[email-masked]>, David Wiggins <[email-masked]>, 
Bow-Nan Cheng <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lou Berger and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control
Revision:	01
Title:		DLEP Credit-Based Flow Control Messages and Data Items
Document date:	2018-06-15
Group:		manet
Pages:		26
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control-01
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dlep-credit-flow-control-01

Abstract:
    This document defines new DLEP protocol Data Items that are used to
    support credit-based flow control.  The Data Items enable separate
    but related functions: traffic classification and credit window
    control.  Traffic classification information is used to identify
    traffic flows based on frame/packet content such as destination
    address.  Credit window control is used to regulate when data may be
    sent to an associated virtual or physical queue.  The Data Items are
    defined in an extensible and reusable fashion.  Their use will be
    mandated in other documents defining specific DLEP extensions.  This
    document also introduces DLEP sub data items.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 09:56:06 -0400

I just noticed that I didn't update the xml properly for iana assignment 
table, it should read:

+-------------+---------------------------------+
              | Type Code   | Description                     |
+-------------+---------------------------------+
              | 0           | Reserved                        |
              | |                                 |
              | 1           | DiffServ Traffic Classification |
              | |                                 |
              | 2           | Ethernet Traffic Classification |
              | |                                 |
              | 3-65407     | Specification Required          |
              | |                                 |
              | 65408-65534 | Private Use                     |
              | |                                 |
              | 65535       | Reserved                        |
+-------------+---------------------------------+

                      Table 3: Initial Registry Values

This will be fixed in the next rev...

Lou

On 6/15/2018 8:07 AM, Lou Berger wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet