Subject: [manet] New Custom vCORE VirtualBox Appliance With EMANE, Quagga OSPF-MANET, & NASA ION-DTN

From: "Dr. Ronny L. Bull" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:18:47 -0500

I have put together a fully updated vCORE VirtualBox appliance based on
Debian 9.6 that includes the latest versions of CORE, EMANE, Quagga
OSPF-MANET, and NASA’s ION.

This version of the virtual appliance includes the following releases:

CORE 5.2 (git)
EMANE 1.2.3 (git)
NRL Quagga mr_0.99.21mr2.2 (source)
NASA ION-DTN 3.6.2 (sourceforge)

All dependencies were installed via apt-get including all packages required
to build the above listed software from source. All source code for the
above listed packages is located in /usr/src/ for end user customization
and updates. The virtual machine was designed to be used for development
purposes, and can be fully customized by the end user.

username: core
password: eroc

The ‘core’ user has sudo privileges, and core-daemon is set to run on
startup. You may want to edit the VirtualBox network settings (ie. bridge,
NAT, host-only) for the VM to suit your environment.

Download the new vCORE VirtualBox appliance at:
http://cs.utica.edu/~rlbull/vcore/vCORE.ova
md5 hash: e5a80ee4dd5893ec3bfa63afa54b11b2 vCORE.ova

webpage:
http://ronnybull.com/2019/01/15/new-custom-vcore-virtualbox-appliance-with-emane-quagga-ospf-manet-nasa-ion-dtn/

Enjoy!

Ronny

---

From: Justin Dean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 09:21:01 -0500

Interesting work.  We've have similar install setups here at NRL but always
helpful to see what others are interested in working on and having easily
available emulation environments.  We'll be sure to check this out.  We are
also working on "standard" methods of testing benchmarking protocols using
core/emane emulation.  Once we have that worked out we'd be interested in
sharing the setup with others as well.

Justin Dean

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 3:19 PM Dr. Ronny L. Bull <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> All dependencies were installed via apt-get including all packages
> required to build the above listed software from source. All source code
> for the above listed packages is located in /usr/src/ for end user
> customization and updates. The virtual machine was designed to be used for
> development purposes, and can be fully customized by the end user.
>
> username: core
> password: eroc
>
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>