Subject: [manet] [SocialSec 2019 - Deadline: 30 March 2019 - 8 Special Issues] 14-17 July Copenhagen, Denmark

From: Conference CFP <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:01:52 +0800

We apologize for cross-distribution and multiple copies.
Kindly forward this email to other interested parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://nsclab.org/socialsec2019/

*SocialSec accepts papers relevant to social networks and big data, but
also considers submission in pure network and system security.*

*All accepted papers will be recommended to a SCI-indexed special issue.*

SocialSec2019 Features:

*+ Two keynote speakers: IEEE TIFS EiC and CAEE EiC+ 8 Special Issues:*

- Sensors Impact Factor: 2.475

*Special Issue on Threat Identification and Defence for Internet-of-Things*-
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CCPE) Impact Factor:
1.114
*Special Issue on Recent Advance in Security and Privacy for Smart Society *
*Special Issue on Security and Privacy in Social Data Mining*
Computers & Electrical Engineering Impact Factor: 1.747

*Special Issue on Blockchain Techniques for the Internet of Vehicles
Security*- IEEE Access Impact Factor: 3.557
- Journal of Information Security and Applications Impact Factor: Pending
- Symmetry Impact Factor: 1.256
*Special Issue on Symmetry and Asymmetry Applications for Internet of
Things Security and Privacy*
- Annals of Telecommunications, IF: 1.412 (under confirmation)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Paper
http://nsclab.org/socialsec2019/

Social Networks and Big Data have pervaded all aspects of our daily
lives. With their unparalleled popularity, social networks have
evolved from the platforms for social communication and news
dissemination, to indispensable tools for professional networking,
social recommendations, marketing, and online content distribution.
Social Networks, together with other activities, produce Big Data that
is beyond the ability of commonly used computer software and hardware
tools to capture, manage, and process within a tolerable elapsed time.
It has been widely recognised that security and privacy are the
critical challenges for Social Networks and Big Data applications due
to their scale, complexity and heterogeneity.

The 5th International Symposium on Security and Privacy in Social
Networks and Big Data (SocialSec 2019) will be held at Technical
University of Denmark in Copenhagen, Denmark on 14-17 July 2019. It
follows the success of SocialSec 2015 in Hangzhou, China, SocialSec
2016 in Fiji, SocialSec 2017 in Melbourne, Australia and SocialSec
2018 in Santa Clara, CA, USA. The aim of the symposium is to provide a
leading edge forum to foster interactions between researchers and
developers with the security and privacy communities in Social
Networks and Big Data, and to give attendees an opportunity to
interact with experts in academia, industry, and governments.

The aim of the symposium is to provide a leading-edge forum to foster
interactions between researchers and developers with the security and
privacy communities in Social Networks and Big Data, and to give
attendees an opportunity to interact with experts in academia,
industry, and governments.

Important Dates

Paper Submission Due:         30 March 2019 [extended]
Author Notification:                10 May 2019
Camera-ready Paper Due:     20 May 2019
Paper Registration Due:         20 May 2019
Symposium Date:                  14-17 July 2019

Information for Authors

The symposium seeks submissions from academia, industry, and
government presenting novel research on all theoretical and practical
aspects of security and privacy in Social Networks and Big Data.
Papers describing case studies, implementation experiences, and
lessons learned are also encouraged. Topics of interest include but
are not limited to the following themes in the Social Networks and/or
Big Data contexts:

AI and machine learning
Applied cryptography for big data
Authentication and authorization
Attacks in/via social networks
Big data outsourcing
Biometric security
Cloud security and privacy
Forensics
Genomic privacy and SDN security
Information control and detection
Malicious behavior modeling
Malicious information propagation
Mobile social networks security
Phishing detection and prevention
Privacy protection and enhancement
Provable security
Risk assessment and evaluation
Security and privacy in big database
Security modeling and architectures
Security and privacy in cloud
Spam problems
System security
Symmetric/Public key cryptosystems
Threats and attacks prediction
Trust and reputation

Submission instructions

It is planned to publish the proceedings with Springer in their
Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (final approval pending).
Authors are invited to submit original papers of up to 15 pages in
length (single column) including appendices and bibliography with
reasonable margins. Submissions must not substantially duplicate work
that any of the authors have published elsewhere, or have submitted in
parallel to any other conferences that have proceedings or any
journal. Submissions must follow the formatting guidelines (those that
do not risk rejection without consideration of their merits). Please
click the above button to submit your paper through SocialSec 2019
Easychair submission system:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=socialsec2019.

Organizing Committee:

General Chairs
Yang Xiang, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Anthony TS Ho, University of Surrey, UK

Program Chairs:
Weizhi Meng, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Steven Furnell, University of Plymouth, UK

Publicity Chairs:
Jinguang Han, University of Surrey, UK
Zhe Liu, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China

Publication Chairs:
Chunhua Su, University of Aizu, Japan