Subject: [manet] Mirja Kühlewind's Discuss on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-pause-extension-06: (with DISCUSS)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 08:29:34 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-manet-dlep-pause-extension-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-pause-extension/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have similar questions as Magnus does about the specific use case for this
mechanism. Moreover I wonder about the assumed usage of the different DSCPs. If
the router would want to assign code points to the traffic, then it would need
to know what the requirements of the traffic is which is usually unknown to a
router. If there is an assumption that the traffic is marked with the right
DSCP by the origin than the router does not need to know about the available DS
queue configuration. Can you please clarify!