Subject: [manet] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 21:44:10 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 5.3 creates a registry that includes a Specification Required policy,
which has a designated expert reviewing a specification and deciding whether to
approve the registration request.  It would be useful to have at least brief
guidance to the designated expert about what to consider when making that
decision.  Should the only issue be whether the specification is sufficiently
clear and complete?  Or are there other considerations that might warrant
push-back to a registration request?