Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:26:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DLEP Link Identifier Extension
        Authors         : Rick Taylor
                          Stan Ratliff
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-07-26

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) [RFC8175] describes a
   protocol for modems to advertise the status of wireless links between
   reachable destinations to attached routers.  The core specification
   of the protocol assumes that every modem in the radio network has an
   attached DLEP router, and requires that the MAC address of the DLEP
   interface on the attached router be used to identify the destination
   in the network, for purposes of reporting the state and quality of
   the link to that destination.

   This document describes a DLEP Extension allowing modems that do not
   meet the strict requirement above to use DLEP to describe link
   availability and quality to one or more destinations reachable beyond
   a device on the Layer 2 domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/