Subject: [manet] Radio phy-layer data in DLEP

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 13:13:53 +0200

Hello,

I had some time to think about the issues with phy-layer data and
radios with multiple transceivers.
The trouble is that all three phy-layer related drafts have the
problem that the provided data is transceiver specific, so we should
have a common solution for all three of them.

I see at the moment three solutions.

1.) A "radio transceiver" TLV which contains subtlvs
2.) Each phy-related TLVs allow an array of data values instead of a
single value. This would mean that the number of items in these TLVs
and their order must be the same on all TLVs
3.) Each phy-related TLV gets an additional "transceiver index"
number, which states which TLVs belong to the same transceiver. This
could be in addition to a "Transceiver count" TLV.

All of these three options have their disadvantages, either in
encoding/decoding complexity or in some common information correlated
among different TLVs.

What do you think would be the best solution. I would like to address
this issue and provide a new version of the three Drafts so we can
move forward.

Henning Rogge