Subject: [Manycouches] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-shmoo-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 18:51:27 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-shmoo-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-shmoo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If we're intentionally leaving the eligibility question out of scope for
SHMOO (per the previous discussion), what is the story for actually
advancing the eligibility work?  I don't remember seeing anything go by
that implied that we should prioritize SHMO and drop the eligibility
work, and would be sad if that is what happens.

"the experience of handling meeting planning during the pandemic has
proven that having community consensus guidance at hand when dealing
with novel conditions in the future would be beneficial" seems to be
setting up almost an open slate for potential "novel conditions" that
the WG will consider.  Is there any sort of additional guidance to give,
or are we just implicitly assuming that the guidelines that would have
been useful for the pandemic situation would be relatively transferrable
to other "novel conditions"?