Subject: [Manycouches] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-shmoo-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 03:10:05 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-shmoo-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-shmoo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My previous comments were not addressed, so, repeating them:

My concern is the work item around the fees. Asking the community feedback
about fee and producing informational (non binding) documents seems to say
"What do you think? Anyway, IESG/LLC will go my their way!' ... does not sound
fair to me.

There are no milestones ;)

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:37:34 -0400

Hi Éric,

> On Jul 9, 2020, at 6:10 AM, Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

I believe I spoke to this on the previous telechat. This work item was specifically requested by a bunch of people in the community. Furthermore, the LLC is definitely anxious to have guidance and therefore I would expect it will be followed, not ignored, unless it gets too prescriptive. Guidance that says “the fee should be $600” is not likely to be useful, whereas guidance about the existence of fees or lack thereof for different kinds of participants is.

> There are no milestones ;)

I have asked the chairs to add these.

Alissa