Subject: [Manycouches] I-D Action: draft-ietf-shmoo-remote-fee-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 07:40:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Stay Home Meet Only Online WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Open Participation Principle regarding Remote Registration Fee
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Jon Reed
                          Rich Salz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-shmoo-remote-fee-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2021-05-18

Abstract:
   This document proposes a principle for open participation that
   extends the open process principle defined in RFC3935 by stating that
   there must always be a free option for online participation to IETF
   meetings (or related events) over the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-shmoo-remote-fee/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-shmoo-remote-fee-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-shmoo-remote-fee-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:45:26 +0200

Hi all,

As you can see we submitted a new version of the draft. Based on the feedback and discussion in wglc we added a bit of text a) calcifying that this doc does not automatically mandate that all kind of events always need to have a remote option (only if there is one there should also be a free one) and b) explaining a bit more about financial implications. Please have a look at the diff yourself!

We believe this document is now ready to send on to IESG review/IETF Last Call.

Jon, Rich, and Mirja

> On 18. May 2021, at 16:40, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Manycouches mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manycouches
>