Subject: [Manycouches] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:01:27 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Martin,

Thanks for driving this document.

A couple of minor comments:

1. MUST consult with the community on the reason(s)

This is just a nit, but this could be read as having a discussion with the
community about why the meeting cannot proceed as scheduled (E.g., analyzing
why the hotel failed).  I presume that the intended consultation should be just
what the IETF/LLC should do about it.

2. Consulting with the community on the form of the assessment report.

Although I have no objection to the LLC doing this, I don't really see this as
something that must be consulted on.  Discussing the content seems fine, but
needing to consult on what the report looks like feels like a step too far to
me.

Regards,
Rob

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:09:31 -0700

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the comments. They're addressed and merged here:
https://github.com/martinduke/draft-ietf-shmoo-cancel-meeting/pull/14