Subject: [Manycouches] Robert Wilton's No Objection on charter-ietf-shmoo-01-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 05:00:54 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-shmoo-01-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-shmoo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Meeting planning for mostly online, or "hybrid" meetings"

- I would suggest changing this to just "Meeting planning for hybrid meetings",
since they may apply even if participation isn't mostly online, i.e., strictly
greater than 50%.

- I would also change "mostly-in-person" to just "in-person".  In the charter
intro, it could clarify that "in-person" meetings have traditionally had some
remote-attendence capabilities, but are optimized for in-person participation,
and then use "in-person" consistently.

- Should the charter cover providing community guidance about what level of
remote participation support is expected/required for "in-person" meetings?

Regarding:

  Meeting planning for meetings where special measures are required to manage
  community health due to venue specific restrictions and/or to comply with any
  local health regulations, e.g., the need for increased spacing, ventilation
  requirements etc. This work item is expected to be fulfilled with the
  publication of one or more BCPs.

- I also agree with the other ADs that it is unclear what this guidance could
look like.

Thanks,
Rob