Subject: [Manycouches] Roman Danyliw's Block on charter-ietf-shmoo-01-00: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:45:15 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-shmoo-01-00: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-shmoo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Concur with Martin Duke's position.  I don't follow how the IETF has sufficient
expertise to produce a BCP associated with the generic scope of "[m]eeting
planning for meetings where special measures are required to manage community
health due to venue specific restrictions and/or to comply with any local
health regulations, ..."  If possible, please be more specific.  For example,
what kind of decisions would this BCP be intended to support?  The provided
examples of "the need for increased spacing, ventilation requirements" seem
like mitigations suggested by or requirements imposed by entities outside of
the IETF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please provide milestones to cover this new work.