Subject: [Manycouches] Meetecho needs a next speaker gate...

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 20:04:29 -0400

So there are two ways to join in a discussion in Meetecho.

1) Get yourself unmuted and ready before you speak.

2) Wait till you are called and then uncloak.

Neither works. The first interrupts the previous speaker. The second leads
to the microphone not turning on when expected.

And no, the pre-fight check is not really a substitute. If I am flipping
between meetings, restarting apps etc. there is plenty of time in a 2 hour
meeting to screw up the settings.

What I would like to see is a gate so that I can check out my video and mic
are correctly set up but nobody else sees me until it is my turn to talk.
And hitting the connect button should also lower my hand and transition me
into 'speaker' state.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:03:55 +0100

Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > What I would like to see is a gate so that I can check out my video and
    > mic are correctly set up but nobody else sees me until it is my turn to
    > talk.  And hitting the connect button should also lower my hand and
    > transition me into 'speaker' state.

I also would like this, including, being able to share my screen and/or
slides.
I should ask for permission to speak/present/etc. and the chairs can then
enable me when they are ready.  That way we overlap stuff, and get feedback.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-