Subject: [Maprg] ACM CoNEXT'19 Student Workshop - EXTENDED DEADLINE

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:27:17 +0200

ACM CoNEXT'19 Student Workshop Call for Submissions (Extended
Deadline: Sept. 23, 2019)

Call for Submissions

Following the success of previous years, the main conference will be
accompanied by a one-day  Student Workshop. The ACM CoNEXT 2019
Student Workshop aims at providing a platform for graduate students in
the area of computer networks and communications to present their
ongoing research efforts. The venue also represents a unique
opportunity for students to network with other junior researchers as
well as more experienced ones, receive constructive feedback,
guidance, tips, and learn about cutting-edge research problems being
tackled by the community.

We encourage submissions from graduate students about research at an
early stage as well as more advanced dissertation-level research.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Research addressing nonstandard topics, controversial problems and
approaches are of particular interest. Moreover, in making Student
Travel Grant decisions, students with accepted presentations at the
Student Workshop will be given higher priority. In addition to the
presentation during the Student Workshop, students can also present a
poster about the accepted work during the poster session of CoNEXT.

The scope of the workshop is broad and covers all aspects of
networking research.
Example topics include (but not limited to):

●      Mobile, ad hoc, wireless, and cellular data networks
●      Self-driving networks and machine learning
●      Network verification and synthesis
●      Energy-efficient computing and networking
●      Mobile data and computation offloading
●      Augmented reality, cyber-physical systems, Internet of things
●      Future Internet protocols and architectures
●      Network applications and services
●      Network measurement and modeling
●      QoE measurement of network services
●      Traffic measurement, analysis, and engineering
●      Information/content-centric networks
●      Datacenter networks and cloud computing
●      SDN, programmable dataplanes, P4, network programming
●      Network economics and networked markets
●      Online social networks
●      Network economics, incentives and game theory
●      Security, trust, and privacy in fixed and mobile networks
●      Network function virtualization, middleboxes
●      Topics at the interface between networking, communications, and
information theory

Technical Program Committee Co-chairs:

●      Jiasi Chen, University of California, Riverside, U.S.A.
●      Sangtae Ha, University of Colorado Boulder, U.S.A.
●      Xiaobo Ma, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China

Submission Formats

Please follow the ACM CoNEXT 2019 Formatting Guidelines EXCEPT for the
following two differences:
●      Papers are limited to TWO (2) pages, plus references. Note that
the two-page limit includes ALL figures, tables but does not include
references.
●      Please provide only author names and affiliations; it is not
necessary to add PAPER ID and number of pages. Submissions must not be
anonymous.

Please submit your paper to: http://conext19-student.hotcrp.com <http://conext19-student.hotcrp.com/>

Deadlines

●      Submission deadline: Sept. 23, 2019 (Extended!)
●      Notification: Oct. 4, 2019
●      Camera-ready: Oct. 13, 2019