Subject: [marf] MARF working group is chartered

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:33:00 -0500

The MARF working group is now officially chartered:
http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/marf-charter.html

Murray and I are chairs, and we have requested a 1.5-hour meeting slot
at IETF 77 in Anaheim.

You should be able to contact the chairs through the tools alias,
though it's possible that it will take a little longer for it to work:
<[email-masked]>

Please use the IETF marf mailing list, <[email-masked]>, for all
working group correspondence.  If there's a discussion that the chairs
think is sufficiently off topic or out of scope that we'd like it not
to be there, you can bring it back to the list at mipassoc.  Please
subscribe to the marf list if you plan to participate in the working
group.

I suggest that the first order of business is to approve the next
version of draft-shafranovich-feedback-report-08 as
draft-ietf-marf-feedback-report-00, the first working group document.
Comments, yea or nay?

-- Barry Leiba, marf working group chair

---

From: "J.D. Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:10:06 -0700

> draft-ietf-marf-feedback-report-00, the first working group document.

Yea.

--
J.D. Falk <[email-masked]>
Return Path Inc

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:12:19 -0500

> draft-ietf-marf-feedback-report-00, the first working group document.

I believe that Murray had a later draft that had significant changes.
Should we use that instead?

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:25:36 -0500

(Removing the old list from the CC...)

> Should we use that instead?

Well, that's why I said "the next version".  I'm sure there are
updates that haven't been posted.  When they're posted, if the WG
approves, they'll be posted as the WG's -00 version.

Murray has suggested, by the way, that we call it
draft-ietf-marf-base-00, because the "marf" name already incorporates
the "feedback report" part of the name.

Barry

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:26:30 -0500

Can Murray repost the newest draft?

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:30:54 -0500

> Can Murray repost the newest draft?

That's what he'll do, yes.
I'm just waiting for two or three more people to chime in with "yea",
as J.D. did.

Barry

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:31:52 -0500

Yea from here

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:50:08 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Yakov Shafranovich
> Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:12 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [marf] MARF working group is chartered
> 

Yes, that will be what we submit.  And Barry and I chatted and will rename it to draft-ietf-marf-base-00 unless anyone has a more appropriate idea.

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:53:49 -0800

> I'm just waiting for two or three more people to chime in with "yea",

an ietf gospel moment?  ok, i'll play:

yea

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net