Subject: [marf] [MARF] Drop boxes

From: Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 07:00:29 -0500

The draft is unclear as to whether it applies to reporting of drop boxes
(either mail boxes or URI's) in abusive e-mail. I believe that there
should be some optional fields relating to such reports, assuming that
MARF is applicable. These might include both URI's in the spam and
redirections.

-- 
     Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>
We don't care. We don't have to care, we're Congress.
(S877: The Shut up and Eat Your spam act of 2003)

---

From: Steve Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:30:24 -0800

> MARF is applicable. These might include both URI's in the spam and

It is supported in the ARF format (Reported-URI).

Whether a particular ARF creator and consumer use it in that way is
covered by the agreement between them.

Cheers,
  Steve

---

From: Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:13:29 -0500

In <[email-masked]>, on 02/03/2010

>It is supported in the ARF format (Reported-URI).

Well, the example given for that in the text is "e.g. a URI to which the
report recipient can go for further details."