Subject: [marf] OMA SpamRep document

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 04:17:07 -0700

As was discussed in the MARF meeting this week, here's a link to the OMA SpamRep document's current form.

http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-SpamRep/Permanent_documents/OMA-TS-SpamRep-V1_0-20100708-D.zip

It is under what's called Consistency Review, which is vaguely similar to a combination of WGLC and IETF LC, so it's late to be providing feedback to them, but if you have something major you'd like to bring to their attention you can send it to me or to Alex Bobotek (AT&T) who also presented this week.

You should certainly read this if you're interested in participating in the effort to work toward a merged format specification.

-MSK

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 2010 17:18:46 -0000

>It is under what's called Consistency Review, which is vaguely
>similar to a combination of WGLC and IETF LC, so it's late to be
>providing feedback to them, but if you have something major you'd
>like to bring to their attention you can send it to me or to Alex
>Bobotek (AT&T) who also presented this week.

Do you know what the plan is for filling in the parts that say they'll
be finished later?

It looks to me like it has the usual kitchen sink problem of a spec
designed by a committee, but most of the stuff is optional so you
can just handle the useful bits.

R's,
John

---

From: "Alex Bobotek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:57:08 -0700

Here's some more on Open Mobile Alliance's(OMA's) 'SpamRep' mobile spam
reporting draft standard.  

In the spirit of avoiding industry-fragmentation from competing
abuse-reporting standards, I put some thought into whether and how
marf-base and SpamRep might converge, particularly in the area of mobile
abuse reporting.  "Towards Converged Message Abuse Reporting", presented
at IETF78.MARF,  identifies some key convergence issues along with a
proposed roadmap:  http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/78/slides/marf-0.pdf.
I'd like to encourage any in MARF WG to explore and comment on this here
in [email-masked].  

------------------------------------

Also, as Murray posted, OMA's SpamRep abuse reporting standard is now
under review.  Here are some links and more information.  The OMA
documents are public, however only OMA members can formally submit
change requests; but of course Murray and I (who are employed by OMA
members and can submit change requests) are interested in everyone's
comments.  If your company is a member, you can apply for a login (not
needed to simply view docs) at http://www.openmobilealliance.org .  

OMA has the concept of an "enabler."  The SpamRep enabler includes:

*         A draft technical specification:
http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-SpamRe
p/Permanent_documents/OMA-AD-SpamRep-V1_0-20090911-D.zip 

*         An XSD for the XML:
http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-SpamRe
p/Permanent_documents/OMA-SUP-XSD_spam_rep-V1_0-20100707-D.zip 

*         An architecture document:
http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-SpamRe
p/Permanent_documents/OMA-AD-SpamRep-V1_0-20090911-D.zip 

*         Test requirements:
http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-SpamRe
p/Permanent_documents/OMA-ETR-SpamRep-V1_0-20100628-D.zip 

Regards,

Alex Bobotek

[email-masked]

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Murray S. Kucherawy
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:17 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [marf] OMA SpamRep document

As was discussed in the MARF meeting this week, here's a link to the OMA
SpamRep document's current form.

http://member.openmobilealliance.org/ftp/Public_documents/COM/COM-SpamRe
p/Permanent_documents/OMA-TS-SpamRep-V1_0-20100708-D.zip

It is under what's called Consistency Review, which is vaguely similar
to a combination of WGLC and IETF LC, so it's late to be providing
feedback to them, but if you have something major you'd like to bring to
their attention you can send it to me or to Alex Bobotek (AT&T) who also
presented this week.

You should certainly read this if you're interested in participating in
the effort to work toward a merged format specification.

-MSK