Subject: [marf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-03.txt> (Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:21:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
WG (marf) to consider the following document:
- 'Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports'
  <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Email messages often contain information which might be considered
   private or sensitive, per either regulation or social norms.  When
   such a message becomes the subject of a report intended to be shared
   with other entities, the report generator may wish to redact or elide
   the sensitive portions of the message.  This memo suggests one method
   for doing so effectively.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-redaction/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-redaction/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:48:34 +0000

>     for doing so effectively.
I've reviewed the document and I think it is ready for publication. I 
don't have a strong preference between Informational and Experimental.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:36:04 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexey Melnikov
> Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:49 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-redaction-03.txt> (Redaction of Potentially Sensitive Data from Mail Abuse Reports) to Informational RFC
> 

Thanks, Alexey.

I've just received word that the method proposed in this document is being implemented at Swisscom, even before its publication.  Pretty cool!

If there are some FBL receivers that are likely to make use of ARF messages that make use of what this document says, maybe it's worth asking for Proposed Standard.  But I haven't heard of any yet.