Subject: Slide decks from MARID meetings

From: "Harry Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:25:59 -0700

Here are the slides that I presented this morning and that Jim is
presenting as I hit send.

---

From: Michel Bouissou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 01:43:10 +0200

> presenting as I hit send.

I am sorry, I cannot open documents which are provided in a non-standard and 
non-open format, for I do not have the necessary proprietary tools.

Could you be so kind to send them again in an open format suitable for 
publication ? (Text, RTF, HTML...) so that everybody can have access to 
them ?

-- 
Michel Bouissou <[email-masked]> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:45:03 -0700

> publication ? (Text, RTF, HTML...) so that everybody can have access to

michel - the ietf accepts submissions in ppt format for meetings.

perhaps someone will be kind enough to translate it into an alternate 
format for you.

/mtr

---

From: Philip Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:28:27 -0400

> non-open format, for I do not have the necessary proprietary tools.

Proprietary tools are quite unnecessary. Have a look at 
<http://www.openoffice.org/product/impress.html>, specifically this last line:
> Of course, you are free to use your old Microsoft PowerPoint
> presentations, or save your work in PowerPoint format for sending to people
> who are still locked into Microsoft products. Alternatively, use IMPRESS's
> built-in ability to create Flash (.swf) versions of your presentations.

Just because there is no published standard for the format of such files 
doesn't mean that there isn't Free Software that can work with it.

> publication ? (Text, RTF, HTML...) so that everybody can have access to 

Alternative formats would certainly be nice.

Philip Miller

---

From: "Andrew W. Donoho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:53:42 -0700

PDF may not be open enough but you should be able to see them anyway.

Andrew

____________________________________
Andrew W. Donoho
[email-masked], PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 08:35:53 +0200

> PDF may not be open enough but you should be able to see them

Unfortunately that's not the case on my system (the AcroReader
is only version 3 => no colour support => a black rectangle on
a white background... ;-) and there's no better version.

But thanks for trying, maybe Google grabs your links here and
converts it to some kind of plain text.

                            Bye, Frank

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:11:43 +0200

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 05:45:03PM -0700,
 Marshall Rose <[email-masked]> wrote 

> michel - the ietf accepts submissions in ppt format for meetings.

What other formats are accepted? Can I use DVI?

---

From: Michel Bouissou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:16:27 +0200

> PDF may not be open enough but you should be able to see them anyway.

Thank you very much. It will be allright.