Subject: TECH-ERROR: PTR should not be recommended against in -protocol

From: Daniel Quinlan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:37:05 -0700

PTR has useful semantics and has the same potential overhead as MX.  It
should not be recommended against.  At most, "A" should be recommended
over both "MX" and "PTR"

-- 
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:43:16 +0200

[IMHO, it should be DEPLOY and not TECH-ERROR.]

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 04:37:05PM -0700,
 Daniel Quinlan <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 8 lines which said:

> PTR has useful semantics and has the same potential overhead as MX.
> It should not be recommended against.  At most, "A" should be
> recommended over both "MX" and "PTR"

Shouldn't it be an issue is for future HOWTOs or "best practices"
document, not for -protocol?