Subject: Re: Schedule for Sender-ID

From: wayne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 06:32:52 -0500

In <[email-masked]> Andrew Newton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Several questions have been raised regarding the scheduling of the
> last call of Sender-ID (marid-core, marid-protocol, marid-submitter).
>
> - Aug. 2 - Deadline to have all IPR information to the MARID working
> group mailing list.
>      o this includes patent claims, licensing information, and
>      trademark issues

Ok, yesterday was the deadline to have all IPR info to be sent to this
list, but I didn't see any.  It appears that nothing has been updated
on either the IETF website nor the Microsoft website.

It appears that the current CallerID is at least very burdensome to
quite a few open source MTAs and spam filters, if not outright
incompatible.

So, what's up?

Is MS going to be given another extention?

Are we going to drop the PRA?

Are we going to try and standardize on an RFC that will not be
acceptable to the open source community?

-wayne

---

From: Michel Bouissou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:37:50 +0200

> Is MS going to be given another extention?

Hopefully not.

> Are we going to drop the PRA?

Hopefully yes.

> acceptable to the open source community?

That would be a major failure.

-- 
Michel Bouissou <[email-masked]> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E