Subject: On the name of the SUBMITTER= parameter

From: Roy Badami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:31:37 +0100

There've been a couple of suggestions that the name of the SUBMITTER
parameter is confusing.

It strikes me that when these drafts were being written, much of the
terminology that the WG is now using was still in a state of flux.
Indeed, the SUBMITTER parameter went through various different names
prior to the ID being written.

It srikes me that, where we are now, the obvious parameter is not
SUBITTER= but PRA=

The purpose of the parameter is to identify, during the SMTP
transaction, an identity that we are now universally calling the PRA.

The obvious intuitive name for an SMTP parameter that idenfities the
PRA is 'PRA'.

    -roy

---

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:58:24 -0700

> The obvious intuitive name for an SMTP parameter that idenfities the

But as Microsoft claims PRA to be their intellectual property and
requires a nontransferable signed contract before this value can be
ascertained, I think something more like EULA= makes more sense.  : )

-Doug