Subject: DOC-BUG: Acknowledgements

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:51:33 -0400

I want to point that the acknowledgments section in the various drafts 
differs greatly. For example, in draft-ietf-marid-protocol-02.txt the 
acknowledgment section thanks hundreds of people, while in in 
draft-ietf-marid-core-03.txt it only mentions MARID participants and 
some previous drafts. Perhaps it might be useful to synchronize some of 
these among the various drafts. I personally like the one in 
draft-ietf-marid-protocol-02.txt as it covers majority of people.

Also, in draft-ietf-marid-submitter-03.txt credit should be given to 
Nick Shelness. This idea was also mentioned on the ASRG list a few 
times, for example:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg/current/msg09245.html

Also, in draft-ietf-marid-rationale-00.txt not only the acknowledgment 
section is missing but the references section is incomplete and the 
entire draft is raw. It needs more editing.

In draft-ietf-marid-protocol-02.txt, a previous draft by David Green is 
not mentioned, as well as no mention of the SPF and ASRG communities 
like the protocol draft does. Considering that the ASRG contributed all 
the drafts to the MARID group and the SPF community worked on SPF, some 
mention might be proper.

Yakov