Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-marid-submitter-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:19:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MTA Authorization Records in DNS Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the 
			  Responsible Submitter of an E-mail Message
	Author(s)	: E. Allman, H. Katz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-marid-submitter-03.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-8-16
	
This memo defines an extension to the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol 
   SMTP) service, which allows an SMTP client to specify the responsible 
   submitter of an e-mail message.  The responsible submitter is the e-
   mail address of the entity most recently responsible for introducing 
   a message into the transport stream.  This extension helps receiving 
   e-mail servers efficiently determine whether the SMTP client is 
   authorized to transmit mail on behalf of the responsible submitter's 
   domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-submitter-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-marid-submitter-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-marid-submitter-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.