Subject: [martini] New draft-elwell-martini-reqs-00

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:51:42 +0100

I have attempted to capture the requirements more formally in a draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-elwell-martini-reqs-00.txt

Basically the requirements are derived from the list we debated on the mailing list prior to the last virtual meeting. I have reworded it in terms of telephone numbers, and also for the time being limited to E.164 (without necessarily precluding a system that would support other forms of telephone numbers or even AORs that are not based on telephone numbers). The first few requirements have been reworded substantially, and a few requirements have been added (e.g., concerning security). Some of the requirements were debated without real conclusion, and likewise there were a couple of requirements proposed for which we didn't have consensus, so feel free to raise these again if you are concerned about what I have written.

John

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:37:12 -0600

John:

This looks like a well-written and fair summary of the requirements we 
have discussed to date. The clarifications (which I don't think appeared 
on the mailing list) are very helpful in teasing out intended meaning.

I don't see anything in here that appears harmful, nor can I think of a 
requirement (or a desirement) that is obviously missing.

Thanks for putting it together.

/a

P.S. I notice that you've made the same mistake as I almost always do: 
the short title for this draft is "Secure Caller ID Requirements." :)

On 2/3/10 8:51 AM, Elwell, John wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> martini mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/martini
>