Subject: [martini] REPOST: The MARTINI User's Guide to TRAC

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:06:11 -0800

The MARTINI WG uses the TRAC database to keep track of issues relating to
work in progress, including working group work items and individual
submissions undergoing review.    This document provides some basic
information on how MARTINI WG participants can use TRAC to submit or edit
issues.  

Documentation relating to the TRAC Issue Tracking database is available
here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/wiki

Since this documentation is somewhat lengthy (and mostly relevant to
Admins), here is a pithy synopsis. 

1.       To submit an issue in the MARTINI Issues database (known as TRAC),
you first need to login to the MARTINI WG site on the tools server
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/login ) 

2.       If you don't already have a login ID, you can obtain one by
navigating to this site:   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

3.       Once you have obtained an account, and have logged in, you can file
an issue by navigating to the  ticket entry form:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/newticket

4.       When opening an issue:

a.       The Type: field should be set to "defect" for an issue with the
current document text, or "enhancement" for a proposed addition of
functionality (such as an additional requirement). 

b.      The Priority: field is set based on the severity of the Issue.   For
example, editorial issues are typically "minor" or "trivial". 

c.       The Milestone: field should be set to milestone1 (useless, I know).

d.      The Component: field should be set to the document you are filing
the issue on.  Currently "Reqs" is the only available choice, since this is
the only WG work item. 

e.      The Version: field should be set to "1.0". 

f.        The Severity: field should be set to based on the status of the
document (e.g. "In WG Last Call" for a document in WG last call)

g.        The Keywords: and CC: fields can be left blank unless inspiration
seizes you. 

h.      The Assign To: field is generally filled in with the email address
of the editor. 

5.       Typically it won't be necessary to enclose a file with the ticket,
but if you need to, select "I have files to attach to this ticket". 

6.       If you want to preview your Issue, click on the "Preview" button.
When you're ready to submit the issue, click on the "Create Ticket" button. 

That's it!  

If you have an problems in dealing with TRAC, send email to me and I'll try
to figure out what's going on. 

Happy TRACing,

Bernard