Subject: [martini] #7: GIN idnits

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 04:29:50 -0000

#7: GIN idnits
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                        |     Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document      |    Keywords:                  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 idnits output when run on GIN-01:

 idnits 2.12.01

 tmp/draft-roach-martini-gin-01.txt:

   Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
   http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

   == You're using the IETF Trust Provisions' Section 6.b License Notice
 from
      12 Sep 2009 rather than the newer Notice from 28 Dec 2009.  (See
      http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/)

   Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

      No issues found here.

   Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

   ** The document seems to lack a Security Considerations section.

   ** The document seems to lack a both a reference to RFC 2119 and the
      recommended RFC 2119 boilerplate, even if it appears to use RFC 2119
      keywords.

      RFC 2119, paragraph 2:
      "The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
       "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in
       this document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119."

      RFC 2119 keyword, line 187: '...   parameter MUST NOT contain a user
 p...'
      RFC 2119 keyword, line 228: '...REGISTER message MUST be copied to
 the...'
      RFC 2119 keyword, line 318: '...ered bulk number contact, the SSP
 MUST...'
      RFC 2119 keyword, line 421: '...   MUST proxy that SUBSCRIBE to the
 PB...'

   Miscellaneous warnings:
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

      No issues found here.

   Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

      (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative
 references
      to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

      No issues found here.

      Summary: 2 errors (**), 1 warning (==), 0 comments (--).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/7>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:48:12 -0000

#7: GIN idnits
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  assigned        
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 These issues have been addressed, except for the security issue (which has
 been moved into its own issue) and the boilerplate issue (which will be
 resolved when the xml2rfc tools are updated). I'm leaving this open to
 remind me of the tools/boilerplate issue.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>