Subject: [martini] #4: PAI/PPI mismatches issue

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:27:47 -0000

#4: PAI/PPI mismatches issue
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  bruno.chatras@…                   |       Owner:  john.elwell@…                     
     Type:  defect                            |      Status:  new                               
 Priority:  minor                             |   Milestone:  milestone1                        
Component:  reqs                              |     Version:  1.0                               
 Severity:  In WG Last Call                   |    Keywords:                                    
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Clause 3.3.1 should indicate that if no match is found, the request is
 rejected or the PAI is created or overwritten with a value selected by
 the SSP.

 Clause 3.3.2 should indicate that mismatch "triggers requestrejection or
 PAI creation or overwritting with a value selected by the SSP.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/4>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 09:56:32 -0000

#4: PAI/PPI mismatches issue
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  bruno.chatras@…                   |        Owner:  john.elwell@…                     
     Type:  defect                            |       Status:  closed                            
 Priority:  minor                             |    Milestone:  milestone1                        
Component:  reqs                              |      Version:  1.0                               
 Severity:  In WG Last Call                   |   Resolution:  fixed                             
 Keywords:                                    |  
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
Changes (by john.elwell@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 [JRE] OK - I will reword slightly and move the existing sentence about
 rejection to the end of the paragraph, where I think it will make more
 sense. It will say "This can cause an SSP to fail to find an AOR
 corresponding to the Contact URI for non-REGISTER requests, resulting in
 the SSP rejecting such requests or asserting its own PAI value, rather
 than asserting a value based on received header fields."

 PAI creation or overwritting with a value selected by the SSP.
 [JRE] The first paragraph of 3.3.2 effectively says that already, but the
 second paragraph fails to. I will make it clear that the statement refers
 to both and reword as "In either case, this can result in the SSP
 rejecting requests with values that do not match or asserting its own PAI
 value."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/4#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>