Subject: [martini] #8: GIN editorial issues

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 04:55:46 -0000

#8: GIN editorial issues
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  trivial                    |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                        |     Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document      |    Keywords:                  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Section 1

  The users registered individual reachability information with the this
 authority, which would then route incoming requests accordingly.

 s/with the this/with this/

 The document "SIP IP-PBX Registration Problems" [3] describes several
 deployed IP PBX registration techniques, along with a number of problems
 that arise from the approaches that have been implemented to date.

 [BA] The reference should probably be to the requirements document.

 Section 2

    These are being defined in
    the MARTINI requirements document.  In terms of impact to the
    solution at hand, the following two constraints have the most
    profound effect: (1) The PBX cannot be assumed to be assigned a
    static IP address; and (2) No DNS entry can be relied upon to
    consistently resolve to the IP address of the PBX.

 [BA] Reference needed.

 Section 3

    This document uses the terms defined in section 2 of "SIP IP-PBX
    Registration Problems" [3].

 [BA] Suggest reference to the Requirements document instead.

 Section 4

 Finally, we non-normatively demonstrate that existing procedures that can
 be used to generate temporary GRUUs for terminals behind the PBX.

 [BA] Suggest "We demonstrate how existing procedures can be used..."

 Section 6

 s/based in such mapping/based on the mapping/

 section 16.6 of RFC 3261.

 [BA] Reference needed.

 Section 7.1.1

    So, for example, when the PBX registers the with the following
    contact header field:

 s/the with/with/

 possibly the URN itself; possible some other identifier

 suggest: "possibly the URN itself or some other identifier"

 This resulting Contact => The resulting Contact

 as defined in section 4.3 of RFC 5627

 [BA] Reference needed

 stable over long => stable over a long

    For example, using the same setup as in the "Public GRUU" section
    above, an extensions registering with the PBX might obtain a temp
    gruu by receiving a Contact header field that looks like:

 [BA] Example needed (section ends abruptly).

 Section 8

 The current sections represents

 s/represents/represent/

 Section 8.1

 s/Wumpus/Usage Scenario/g

 Section 9

 The document "SIP IP-PBX Registration Problems" [3] describes a

 [BA] Change reference to Requirements document.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/8>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:38:58 -0000

#8: GIN editorial issues
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed          
 Priority:  trivial                    |    Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                        |      Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed           
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 All comments accepted. Fixed in draft-roach-martini-gin-01

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/8#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>