Subject: [martini] #20: Section 3.1.2 does not decscribe an issue

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:27:18 -0000

#20: Section 3.1.2 does not decscribe an issue
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf.hanserik@…          |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  reqs                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |    Keywords:            
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Section "3.1.2. Undefined behaviour on PAU mismatch" describes a non-
 issue. It is the same as if we would make it an issue when subscribing for
 someones location and get unexpected locations returned. It also assumes
 that matching needs to take place in the PBX with some other predefined
 (?) list.

 Suggest to remove this section.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/20>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:14:56 -0000

#20: Section 3.1.2 does not decscribe an issue
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf.hanserik@…          |       Owner:  john.elwell@…                     
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  assigned                          
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:  milestone1                        
Component:  reqs                     |     Version:  1.0                               
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |    Keywords:                                    
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Changes (by john.elwell@…):

  * owner:  => john.elwell@…
  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 I disagree that it is not an issue if you receive unexpected PAU. If the
 PBX receives unexpected values, what does it do with them? They clearly
 will not map to any PBX extensions. Even worse, if the PAU omits certain
 values the PBX expects, what action does the PBX take? Unless others speak
 up soon in favour of making any change to 3.1.2, I will close this as
 'won't fix'.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/20#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: Hans Erik van Elburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:54:32 +0100

As far as I understand the reason why PAU was important is that the
edge-proxy can use this information when verifying P-Preferred-Identity,
P-Asserted-Identity.

I dont see what the PBX should do with this information. And no use for the
pbx has been specified anywhere. And I guess that nobody stumbled over this
as an issue in practical solutions.

So it is not an issue. I agree to disagree.

/Hans Erik van Elburg

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM, martini issue tracker
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> Ticket URL: <
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/20#comment:1>
> _______________________________________________
> martini mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/martini
>