Subject: [martini] #22: 3.2.3 as currently phrased not really an issue

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 00:25:37 -0000

#22: 3.2.3 as currently phrased not really an issue
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf.hanserik@…          |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  reqs                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |    Keywords:            
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 3.2.3. Request-URI mis-routing

 This is again not an issue with a mechanism, but with a PBX not complying
 or implementing that mechanism. This can not be resolved by writing a new
 specification introducing yet another mechanism...

 Tend to think therefore that this is a non-issue, suggest to remove the
 section.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/22>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:28:17 -0000

#22: 3.2.3 as currently phrased not really an issue
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf.hanserik@…          |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                   |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                    |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  reqs                     |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Resolution:  invalid   
 Keywords:                           |  
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Changes (by john.elwell@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid

Comment:

 A PBX acting on SIP URIs identifying the SSP's domain as if it were its
 own domain would not be compliant with RFC 3261. So the use of such URIs
 is indeed a problem that needs to be solved.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/22#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>