Subject: [martini] #32: GIN: need to specify the exact AoR format being registered

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 04:41:57 -0000

#32: GIN: need to specify the exact AoR format being registered
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  gin                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |    Keywords:            
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Since the REGISTER is in bulk and does not identify each exact AoR being
 registered, we need to be normatively succint on the exact format of AoR
 that is being implicitly Registered, because it (1) may affect reg-event
 processing, (2) may affect authentication and Identity, and (3) may cause
 interop issues.

 The current text in section 5 says:
    For each of these unique rows, the AOR will be in the format that the
    SSP expects to receive from external parties (e.g.
    "sip:[email-masked]"),...

 An "example" isn't normative.

 Also, we need to decide if the Registered AoR has a "user=phone" URI param
 or not - i.e., whether the implicit REGISTER's virtual To-URI had one.  In
 practice they rarely do, and whether it should or not hopefully doesn't
 matter, but it'd be better to be clear one way or the other (or even just
 explain why it doesn't matter).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/32>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:00:00 -0000

#32: GIN: need to specify the exact AoR format being registered
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |       Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  assigned        
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                     |     Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |    Keywords:                  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * owner:  => adam@…
  * status:  new => assigned

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/32#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:32:15 -0000

#32: GIN: need to specify the exact AoR format being registered
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |        Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                  |       Status:  closed          
 Priority:  major                   |    Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                     |      Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed           
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  assigned => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Added text to forthcoming -01 completely nailing down any optionality:

       For each of these unique rows, the AOR will be in the format
       that the SSP expects to receive from external parties (e.g.
       "sip:[email-masked]"), and the corresponding
       Contact will be formed by adding to the REGISTER's Contact
       URI a user portion containing the fully-qualified, E.164-formatted
       phone number (including the preceding "+" symbol) and removing
       the "bnc" parameter. Aside from the initial "+" symbol, this
       E.164-formatted number MUST consist exclusively of digits
       from 0 through 9, and explicitly MUST NOT contain any visual
       separator symbols (e.g., "-", ".", "(", or ")").

 The second half of this ticket (involving "user=phone") is a duplicate of
 ticket #28, and is being handled as part of that ticket.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/32#comment:2>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>