Subject: Re: [martini] Revectoring back to technical discussion

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C (ATTLABS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:00:26 -0400

GIN is DOA. Take off your IETF hats and deal with the real world

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon Apr 05 16:27:08 2010
Subject: Re: [martini] Revectoring back to technical discussion

following up to christer's post, but not just to christer...

"... looking for a counterproposal ..."

at the DREGS DISPATCH ad hoc at IETF 76, there was a fairly widespread 
assumption that the proposed work was a request to rubber-stamp a SIP Forum 
proposal in the IETF. That wasn't actually true - the thinking from SIP 
Forum had morphed pretty seriously in the IETF before IETF 76, and morphed 
again when Hadriel submitted two individual drafts, -shaken and -stirred, 
and morphed again when Adam submitted the -gin draft prior to one of our 
virtual interims.

it's not like nobody has had an open mind throughout this process.

but we need proposals to consider, and those proposals need to come in the 
form of internet drafts, because that's what we know how to work on.

spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 3:01 PM
Subject: RE: [martini] Revectoring back to technical discussion

Hi,

>Anyone who thinks that GIN is the wrong answer is welcome to submit a
>counterproposal, bue we really can't just stop dead in the water - we need
>to keep moving.

If you talk about the SOLUTION in the GIN draft, I think is what we are 
discussing most of the time, and have been discussing for a while :)

Regards,

Christer= 

_______________________________________________
martini mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/martini

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:06:33 -0500

Martin:

I appreciate your constructive input, and look forward to your 
internet-draft describing an alternate approach that satisfies the 
requirements document. Thanks.

/a

On 4/5/10 4:00 PM, DOLLY, MARTIN C (ATTLABS) wrote:
> From: [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
> To: Christer Holmberg<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<[email-masked]>
> From: "Christer Holmberg"<[email-masked]>
> To: "Spencer Dawkins"<[email-masked]>;<[email-masked]>