Subject: [martini] #38: Removal of last 2 paragraphs of section 1

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:47:57 -0000

#38: Removal of last 2 paragraphs of section 1
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                              |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                               |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  reqs                                |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call                     |    Keywords:            
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 I have received an off-list comment that the following 2 paragraphs at the
 end of section 1 could be removed, and might be better left for discussion
 in the context of 'olive' or inclusion in a solutions document:

 "<t>Telephone numbers are conveyed either as TEL URIs or as SIP URIs. SIP
 URIs based on E.164 telephone numbers have the property that the domain
 part is irrelevant, since the fully qualified E.164 number in the user
 part is globally unique. This makes it easier for both the SIP-PBX and the
 SSP to share responsibility for routing requests targeted at such a URI:
 the SSP can perform contact routing for a request targeted at a URI with
 the SSP domain name, and can change the domain name when forwarding the
 request to the SIP-PBX; the latter can then perform contact routing to
 reach a UA registered with the SIP-PBX. Name-based SIP-URIs do not have
 this property, and an SSP would not be able to change the domain part when
 forwarding the request with a target URI having the SSP's domain name, yet
 would be unable to perform contact routing on a  request with a target URI
 having the SIP-PBX's domain name (without some means of acting as a host
 for the SIP-PBX's domain name).</t>
       <t>Non-E.164-based telephone numbers (e.g., private numbers) can be
 conveyed either as TEL URIs or as SIP URIs, and can be made globally
 unique by means of the phone-context parameter. In this case the domain
 part of a SIP URI might again be irrelevant. The use of non-E.164-based
 telephone numbers as AORs is far less common, and therefore this document
 does not require that support be available. However, it is likely that the
 solution will not preclude such AORs.</t>"

 Comments?

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/38>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:24:56 -0000

#38: Removal of last 2 paragraphs of section 1
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                              |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                               |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  reqs                                |      Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call                     |   Resolution:  duplicate 
 Keywords:                                      |  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by john.elwell@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => duplicate

Comment:

 Now duplicated by #39

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/38#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>