Subject: [martini] #29: GIN: inappropriate introductory text

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:07:25 -0000

#29: GIN: inappropriate introductory text
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  gin                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |    Keywords:            
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Now that the GIN draft is a WG doc, the language used in the Introduction
 section needs to be less subjective. :)

 In particular, the following paragraph should be removed:
  Because this problem has certain similarities with the REGISTER
  operation, several non-standard, ad hoc extensions to REGISTER have
  been developed to address this desire.

 And the current text of the last paragraph of the Introduction, which
 starts with "In recognition of the momentum..." should be changed to:
 In recognition of the momentum that a REGISTER-based approach has seen in
 deployments, this document defines a REGISTER-based approach that is
 tailored to E.164-addressed extensions in a SIP PBX environment.  It does
 not address SIP URIs in which the user portion is not an E.164 number.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/29>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:20:53 -0000

#29: GIN: inappropriate introductory text
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                  |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                   |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  gin                     |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                          |  
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The proposed text will appear in the -01 version of the document.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/29#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>