Subject: Re: [martini] #35: Use of the word "extensions"

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:56:57 -0000

#35: Use of the word "extensions"
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                              |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                               |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  gin                                 |      Version:            
 Severity:  Active WG Document                  |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                                      |  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Except when talking about protocol extensions, the word "extension" has
 been replaced with "terminal" and "phone number" as appropriate. This
 change will appear in the -01 version of the document.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/35#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: Hans Erik van Elburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:45:38 +0200

Hi Adam,

Wouldn't UA or  UAS not be more appropriate terminology in a SIP
document instead of terminal?

Further the cases where replacement with phone number has taken place,
while correct when only facing telephone numbers, it  will make it
harder to extend the mechanism with other type of AOR's. Suggest we
use AOR instead.

/Hans Erik van Elburg

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM, martini issue tracker
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> martini mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/martini
>

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:39:08 -0500

Both good points. I'll re-open this for -02.

/a

On 4/19/10 18:45, Apr 19, Hans Erik van Elburg wrote:
>> Ticket URL:<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/35#comment:1>
>> martini<http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>
>>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:40:12 -0000

#35: Use of the word "extensions"
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                              |       Status:  reopened  
 Priority:  minor                               |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  gin                                 |      Version:            
 Severity:  Active WG Document                  |   Resolution:            
 Keywords:                                      |  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 From Hans Erik van Elberg, via the MARTINI mailing list:

 Hi Adam,

 /Hans Erik van Elburg

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/35#comment:2>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:40:41 -0000

#35: Use of the word "extensions"
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  john.elwell@…                       |        Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                              |       Status:  new             
 Priority:  minor                               |    Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                                 |      Version:                  
 Severity:  Active WG Document                  |   Resolution:                  
 Keywords:                                      |  
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * owner:  => adam@…
  * status:  reopened => new

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/35#comment:3>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:41:10 -0000

Type:  defect                              |       Status:  assigned        

  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 These both seem like reasonable replacements for a SIP-centric document.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/35#comment:4>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>

---

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:44:13 -0000

Comment(by john.elwell@…):

 As originator of this issue, I agree with the changes proposed by Hans
 Erik, but please use "UA" (or "UAs") rather than "UAS" (or "UASs").

 John

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/35#comment:5>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>