Subject: [martini] martini-gin-02: GRUU & BNC

From: Martien Huysmans <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:57:37 +0200

martini-gin-02, chapter 7.1.1 contains the following text
   When a PBX registers a Bulk Number Contact (a Contact with a "bnc"
   parameter), and also invokes GRUU procedures for that Contact during
   registration, then the SSP will assign a public GRUU to the PBX in
   the normal fashion.  Because the URI being registered contains a
   "bnc" parameter, the GRUU will also contain a "bnc" parameter.

The last sentence states that the GRUU contains a bnc parameter.
I guess that this refers 'stored" at the SSP.
The GRUU returned to the PBX doesn't contain a "bnc".

/Martien

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:32:05 -0500

> The GRUU returned to the PBX doesn't contain a "bnc".

The text is correct; the example is wrong. In -02, it doesn't show the 
'bnc' parameter, but it should. That's the "minor error" I referred to 
in this message:

   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/martini/current/msg01555.html

I'm getting the impression that I should perhaps pull all the examples 
out of the document. For all documents we ever produce in the IETF, the 
text is *always* supposed to govern, with the examples being 
non-normative. But every time I've made an error in the GIN examples, 
people have assumed that the text is wrong and the example correct. 
Clearly the examples are causing more harm than good.

/a