Subject: [martini] martini-gin-02: copying URI parameters from REGISTER to Contact

From: Martien Huysmans <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:17:14 +0200

Hi

martini-gin-02 ,chapter 5.2 contains in the following text
   Aside from the "bnc" parameter, all URI parameters present on the
   "Contact" URI in the REGISTER message MUST be copied to the Contact
   value stored in the location service.

Questions

1) isn't autouser also a URI parameter? If so, should that be returned?

2) Is such a statement future compatible?
    What if some other RFC in the future includes a URI parameter with similar propery to bnc?

/Regards Martien

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:51:03 -0500

> 1) isn't autouser also a URI parameter? If so, should that be returned?

Good catch. I'll fix the text.

>     What if some other RFC in the future includes a URI parameter with 

Then it's their responsibility for making sure things work. That's the 
way protocol extensions in SIP are done.

/a