Subject: [martini] #48: Appendix A

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 07:25:48 -0000

#48: Appendix A
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new             
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                        |     Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Since Appendix A was added the requirements document has changed. The
 changes include:

 New text for REQs 4, 5, 10, 14, 15:

    REQ4 - The mechanism MUST allow UAs attached to a SIP-PBX to register
    with the SIP-PBX for AORs based on assigned telephone numbers, in
    order to receive requests targeted at those telephone numbers,
    without needing to involve the SSP in the registration process.

    REQ5 - The mechanism MUST allow a SIP-PBX to handle requests
    originating at its own UAs and targeted at its assigned telephone
    numbers, without routing those requests to the SSP.

    REQ10 - The mechanism MUST work in the presence of a sequence of
    intermediate SIP entities on the SIP-PBX-to-SSP interface (i.e.,
    between the SIP-PBX and the SSP's domain proxy), where those
    intermediate SIP entities indicated during registration a need to be
    on the path of inbound requests to the SIP-PBX.

    REQ14 - The mechanism MUST be able to operate over a transport that
    provides end-to-end integrity protection and confidentiality between
    the SIP-PBX and the SSP, e.g., using TLS as specified in [RFC3261].

    REQ15 - The mechanism MUST support authentication of the SIP-PBX by
    the SSP and vice versa, e.g., using SIP digest authentication plus
    TLS server authentication as specified in [RFC3261].

 The Requirement 17 presently referenced in Appendix A has been deleted.
 Requirement 18 is now Requirement 17:

    REQ17 - The mechanism MUST work over any existing transport specified
    for SIP, including UDP.

 DES4 has been deleted.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/48>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>