Subject: [martini] Document Action: 'Requirements for multiple address of record (AOR) reachability information in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:29:00 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for multiple address of record (AOR) reachability 
   information in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-martini-reqs-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiple AoR reachabiliTy InformatioN Indication Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-martini-reqs-09.txt

      Technical Summary

This document summarizes the requirements for a mechanism to enable
registration of multiple addresses of record within SIP.   The goal
is to produce a mechanism  suitable for deployment by SIP service
providers on a large scale in support of small to medium sized PBXs.

      Working Group Summary

The WG discussed the issue of E.164/non-E.164 AORs in considerable depth,
and concluded that extensibility to handle non-E.164 AORs (such as private
numbers and email-style addresses) was important.  

      Document Quality

The document has been reviewed by participants within the IETF MARTINI
WG, including SIP service providers as well as representatives from the
PBX vendor community.  It has gone through MARTINI WG last call, with only
modest changes resulting.

      Personnel

Bernard Aboba is the document shepherd for this document.
Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.