Subject: [martini] Consensus Call Summary: Resolution of Ticket #57 (Temp GRUUs)

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 05:07:11 -0700

The consensus call on the resolution of Ticket #57 (Temp GRUUs) has
concluded.  

Based on the responses to the list as well as those received at IETF 78,
there appears to be MARTINI WG consensus for the proposed resolution. 

============================================================================
=================================

*	From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba
<mailto:[email-masked]>  at hotmail.com>
*	To: <martini at ietf.org <mailto:[email-masked]> >
*	Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:55:55 -0700
*	List-id: Discussion of en-mass SIP PBX registration mechanisms
<martini.ietf.org>

In the MARTINI WG second session at IETF 78, the participants in the room
came to consensus (12-0) on the following text to resolve Issue 57:

In order to provide support for privacy, the SSP
SHOULD implement the temporary GRUU
mechanism described in this section. Reasons for
not doing so would include systems with an
alternative privacy mechanism which maintains
the integrity of public GRUUs (i.e., if public
GRUUs are anonymized then the anonymizer
function would need to be capable of providing as
the anonymized URI a globally routable URI
that routes back only to the target identified by
the original public GRUU).

We are now bringing this resolution to the mailing list to verify that
consensus. 

If you did not express your opinion during the IETF 78 MARTINI WG meeting,
and would like to do so now, please respond to this email and post your
opinion as to whether you agree with the text above as a resolution to Issue
57. 

This consensus call will last until September 12, 2010.