Subject: Re: [martini] #59: Reg-Event Issues

From: "martini issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:01:58 -0000

#59: Reg-Event Issues
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  D.Hancock@…              |        Owner:  adam@…          
     Type:  defect                   |       Status:  closed          
 Priority:  major                    |    Milestone:  milestone1      
Component:  gin                      |      Version:  1.0             
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Resolution:  fixed           
 Keywords:                           |  
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Changes (by adam@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Issue 1 -- Good catch. Added:

           If the SIP-PBX is not registered with the
           SSP when a registration event subscription for a contact
           that would be implicitly registered if the SIP-PBX were
           registered, the the SSP SHOULD accept the subscription
           and indicate that the user is not currently registered.
           Once the associated SIP-PBX is registered, the SSP
           SHOULD use the subcription migration mechanism defined
           in RFC 3265 to migrate the subscription to the SIP-PBX.

 Issue 2 -- This is out of scope for GIN or even MARTINI. The answer is
 completely identical to the answer that would be given without GIN or any
 MARTINI-associated mechanism.

 Issue 3 -- This is a shortcoming in RFC 3680, as we are defining both
 state agents and rational reasons to fork subscriptions. In fact, 3680
 doesn't prohibit '''forking''' of the subscriptions -- it prevents
 subscribers from establishing multiple dialogs. So I think that continuing
 to fork (whether to the SSP and to the SIP-PBX or to multiple SIP-PBXes
 with the same implicitly registered contact) is very much the Right Thing
 To Do [tm]. What I think we need to do is allow subscribers who understand
 the GIN architecture to accept multiple subscriptions if they wish to do
 so. Updating the document accordingly.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/martini/trac/ticket/59#comment:1>
martini <http://tools.ietf.org/martini/>