Subject: [martini] FW: MARTINI drafts

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:50:38 -0700

From: Khan, Sohel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:24 AM
To: Khan, Sohel; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bernard Aboba;
Spencer Dawkins
Subject: RE: MARTINI drafts

One more input:

Section 5.1:

These parameters will be echoed back by the SSP in any requests bound

   for the SIP-PBX.

Did you mean to say the “response” to the REGISTER message.

You are not including the bnc and gin parameters in an INVITE coming to the
SIP-PBX. Is it correct?

From: Khan, Sohel 
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:01 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bernard Aboba; Spencer Dawkins
Subject: MARTINI drafts

(Please do not include me in the mailing list discussion). 

draft-ietf-martini-gin-05

Not clear to me from the draft what will happen when a new AoR is activated
and it registers with the SIP-PBX.

May be we have to say somewhere (if I did not miss it) that if the AoR to
SIP-PBX registration is a local procedure and registry request will not
transverse to the SSP.  Document implies it but not clear.

In section 4, it will be nice to write the mechanism something as follows
for clarity and understanding:

·         Mechanism:

o   The SSP provisions in its SIP-PBX and Registrar's location service
database  the list of AoRs associated with the SIP-PBX .

o    SIP-PBX registers a set of E.164 AoRs in “bulk” precluding REGISTER
requests for every E.164 AoRs that a SIP-PBX supports

o   SIP-PBX sends REGISTER request with a “bnc” (bulk number contact)
Contact URI parameter

§  This parameter indicates that Contact URI needs to be expanded in the
Registrar's location service database

§  The Register request causes the Registrar to populate “bulk” (the set of
AoRs) to contact binding

·         Each E.164 user number becomes the user portion of the Registered
Contact URI, one for each implicitly Registered E.164-based AoRs

§  SIP request routing to the registered AoR  follows RFC3261 procedures
after resolving the location of the SIP-PBX from Registrar's location
service database.

·         Replace the Request  URI with the (expanded) Registered Contact
URI

§  Add Path information as a  Route etc

Thank You

Sincerely,

Sohel Khan, Ph.D.

Product Engineering, Comcast

Comcast Center, 39th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19103, Ph: (215) 286-4853(o),
(215)-828-6896 (m)

This message and any attachments to it may contain PROPRIETARY AND
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION exclusively for intended recipients. Please DO NOT
FORWARD OR DISTRIBUTE to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of this e-mail from your
system.

P please don't print this e-mail if you can