Subject: [martini] RFC 6140 on Registration for Multiple Phone Numbers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:04:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6140

        Title:      Registration for Multiple Phone Numbers 
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 79372
        Updates:    RFC3680

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-martini-gin-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6140.txt

This document defines a mechanism by which a Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) server acting as a traditional Private Branch Exchange
(PBX) can register with a SIP Service Provider (SSP) to receive phone
calls for SIP User Agents (UAs).  In order to function properly, this
mechanism requires that each of the Addresses of Record (AORs)
registered in bulk map to a unique set of contacts.  This requirement
is satisfied by AORs representing phone numbers regardless of the
domain, since phone numbers are fully qualified and globally unique.
This document therefore focuses on this use case.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiple AoR reachabiliTy InformatioN Indication Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC