Subject: [Masque] CONNECT-IP

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 18:14:01 -0700

Hi MASQUE enthusiasts,

I just wanted to let you know that we've updated our CONNECT-IP draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cms-masque-connect-ip
(Note that there are currently two independent CONNECT-IP proposals,
this is the one that focuses on proxying IP packets, not IP payloads.)

The draft now reflects the latest developments in the HTTP Datagrams
draft, in particular the switch to capsules. This transition was luckily
very
straightforward, mostly because the design of capsules was inspired
by the stream chunks we had in CONNECT-UDP and CONNECT-IP
previously.

Our goal for this draft was simplicity: we tried to write a document that
contains enough information to fully implement a VPN solution. More
precisely, it supports the use cases from draft-ietf-masque-ip-proxy-reqs
that the chairs have declared consensus on.

The draft also supports the network-to-network use case, but at no added
cost: it just means that the addressing and routing capsules are allowed
to be sent by both client and server. We believe that this increase in
scope is very minor.

Please let us know what you think, either by email to the list or via GitHub
issues: https://github.com/DavidSchinazi/draft-cms-masque-connect-ip

We look forward to discussing this at IETF 111.

Thanks,
David