Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-imrp-some-issues-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:37:34 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Some Issues for an Inter-domain Multicast Routing Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Meyer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-imrp-some-issues-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 20-Nov-97
	
   The IETF's Inter-Domain Multicast Routing (IDMR) working group has
   produced several multicast routing protocols, including Core Based
   Trees [CBT] and Protocol Independent Multicasting [PIMARCH]. In
   addition, the IDMR WG has formalized the specification of the
   Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol [DVMRP]. Various
   specifications for protocol inter-operation have also been produced
   (see, for example, [THALER96] and [PIMMBR]). However, none of these
   protocols seems ideally suited to the inter-domain routing case; that
   is, while these protocols are appropriate for the intra-domain
   routing environment, they break down in various ways when applied in
   to the multi-provider inter-domain case.
 
   This document considers some of the scaling, stability and policy
   issues that are of primary importance in a inter-domain, multi-
   provider multicast environment.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mboned-imrp-some-issues-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-imrp-some-issues-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-imrp-some-issues-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.