Subject: mboned: Request to Advance "Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast in 232/8"

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:33:06 -0700

David and Bert,

On behalf of the MBONED WG, we'd like to request that the following
document be published as BCP RFC:

Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast in 232/8
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-ssm232-08.txt 

The second working group last call for this document completed
today, 21 May 2004 with two non-substantive comments. The first
of these regarded the use of RFC 1918 language in an operational
document, and the second regarded the fact that the document was
IPv4 specific. The former can be handled by the RFC editor. After
discussion with Bert, we decided that while a document outlining
SSM use for IPv6 is an important topic, this was a second
last call on this document specifically for Section 1.1 (see
below) and hence this document need not be reopened to consider
this case.

Please recall that this was a second WGLC, as requested by ADs,
specifically on Section 1.1. Section 1.1 (BCP, Experimental
Protocols and Normative References) asks for a variance (for
MSDP) to the rule that a BCP can not have a normative reference
to an experimental protocol. Finally, please note that this
document is still waiting for resolution of a normative reference
to draft-ietf-pim-sm-v2-new-09.txt. 

Thanks,

Dave
	
_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/