Subject: mboned: Document Action: 'PIM-SM Multicast Routing Security Issues and Enhancements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:39:41 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PIM-SM Multicast Routing Security Issues and Enhancements '
   <draft-ietf-mboned-mroutesec-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo describes security threats for the larger (intra-domain, or
 inter-domain) multicast routing infrastructures.  Only Protocol
 Independent Multicast - Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) is analyzed, in its
 three main operational modes: the traditional Any Source Multicast
 (ASM) model, Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) model, and the ASM model
 enhanced by the Embedded-RP group-to-RP mapping mechanism.  This memo
 also describes enhancements to the protocol operations to mitigate
 the identified threats.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the mboned working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/