Subject: mboned: AMT Open Source code available

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:42:19 -0700

The first public release of an AMT implementation is now available.

For more information, please visit http://www.mountain2sea.com/amt

This implementation follows the lastest spec found here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-04.txt

It implements a relay (server) that has been tested on FreeBSD and
compiles on other *BSDs and MacOSX.

It also implements a gateway (client) that works under FreeBSD.
MacOSX lacks a tun driver so the gateway currently does not work
on MacOSX. There are some unstable tun and tap/tun drivers available
for MacOSX but I have not tried to get the gateway working with these
yet.

Stay tuned for public relays to be announced soon. We are currently
waiting for IANA prefix assignments for IPv4 and IPv6.

In the meantime, I encourage you to download the code and continue
adding features and porting it to new platforms. I will be glad to
assist in any way I can.

Please send changes back to me in the form of unified diffs
(diff -u) so that I can incorporate them into future releases. I
will probably set up a source forge project or something similar
in the future. Public CVS or Subversion access will be available
at that time.

There is definitely some rough edges still and a list of known
problems on the above site so look there first before reporting
problems.

Thanks,
Tom Pusateri
_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/