Subject: mboned: How to get a feed or otherwise get traffic? Tool situation?

From: "Anssi Porttikivi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:28:38 +0300

Hello,

My name is Anssi Porttikivi and I work for an IT training company traditionally focusing on training of the staff of the ISPs and teleoperators. We would like to start testing public, cross-organization multicasting, but it might be that I can not get an Mbone feed from our own ISP. Can anyone point me to some more information, I find it hard to google for up-to-date Mbone deployment info? What happened to www.mbone.com, anyway?

Yours,
Anssi9

_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/

---

From: Hoerdt Mickael <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:02:42 +0200

Hi Anssi,

The IPv4 multicast enabled network is small compared to the unicast one,
but still big.

A good start to find information on this are Kevin Almeroth's
publications[1] on the mbone and the multicast tech status web page[2].
Also, looking at the mboned, wg-multicast
archives is interesting too.

http://www.nmsl.cs.ucsb.edu/publications.html
http://www.multicasttech.com/status/

Hoerdt Mickaël

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:26:36 -0700 (PDT)

[email-masked] operates an mcast prefix aggregation network (aka 
distributed L3 MIX) and provides mcast feeds of all flavors - PNI, VNI, 
MIX, and Tunnels.

Send them email.

Greg