Subject: mboned: RE: Automated Tunnels for IP Multicast

From: "Leymann, Nicolai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:20:44 +0200

Hi,

> I would greatly appreciate your feedback and would be glad to address 
> any queries.
As far as I understand the functionality of IMT is similar to the Automatic
Multicast Tunnels (AMT) discussed in [1]. Both solutions connect Multicast
enables island over an unicast infrastructure with other multicast enabled
networks. How do AMT and IMT play together? Are the solutions completely 
independend?

  best regards

        Nic

PS:
  It there a draft or protocol specification (draft) available for IMT?

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-04.txt

   Nic
_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/