Subject: Re: mboned: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-addrdisc-problems-00.txt

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:16:26 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I'm getting back to a VERY old mail..

Note to people: there have been very few mails on this draft, and as 
it is, I don't see the need to revise it -- even though I'd be 
thrilled to do more work on it ;-).  So, feedback would be welcome. 
This also applies to draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-01.txt (no comments 
since February).

What I was looking for, in the last question below, was the rest of 
the "(most of) the story".  I believe each of these requests includes 
some amount of description and/or dialogue why they need it, where, 
etc. Summing up these requests and exchanges might allow us to learn 
more of what people *really* want than just by looking at the 
assignments we have right now.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, David Meyer wrote:
>>> 	(ii).	Solicit topics from those that think a BOF is a
>>> 		good idea. Topics would include (but are not
>>> 		limited to) formulations of the problem statement,
>>> 		and innovative solutions to the addressing problem.
>>
>> It would probably be good if draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-01.txt was in
>> the RFC editor's queue, so folks would have one stable background
>> document. I guess it could also be argued the other way around,
>> though..
>>
>> First off, the people should understand which high-level problems
>> we're talking about (draft-ietf-mboned-addrdisc-problems-00.txt added
>> three different ones, addressing just one of them).
>>
>> It would probably be a good idea to also include some
>> concrete statistics / interpretation of the IANA requests.. because I
>> think basically what we're doing depends on what people are actually
>> requesting and what they would be satisfied with.
>
> 	Not sure what you're asking for in this last
> 	question. http://www.iana.org/assignments/multicast-addresses
> 	tells (most of) the story.
>
> 	Dave
>

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/