Subject: mboned: imad: draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02.txt

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:44:09 +0300 (EEST)

Another reminder to take a look.  There has been no comment on the 
revision.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:54:22 +0300 (EEST)
From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: imad: draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02.txt

FYI,

Based on the BOF, and remembering some things that were forgotten but not used 
(like eGLOP and MZAP), I've revised the draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02.txt

If you're interested in seeing a diff, check out:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mboned/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02-from-01.diff.html

Changelog below; comments welcome!

A.1  Changes since -01

    o  Mention the mechanisms which haven't been so succesful: eGLOP and
       MZAP.

    o  Remove the appendices on multicast address discovery (a separate
       draft now) and IPv4 unicast-prefix based multicast addressing.

    o  Add a note on scope-relative address space and the expansion
       ambiguity.

    o  Remove the references to draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-issues-xx.txt

    o  Minor editorial cleanups.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:50:01 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

 	Title		: Overview of the Internet Multicast Addressing 
Architecture
 	Author(s)	: P. Savola
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02.txt
 	Pages		: 16
 	Date		: 2005-8-8

The lack of up-to-date documentation on IP multicast address
    allocation and assignment procedures has caused a great deal of
    confusion.  To clarify the situation, this memo describes the
    allocation and assignment techniques and mechanisms currently (as of
    this writing) in use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-addrarch-02.txt
_____________________________________________________________________________
List Archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/imad/
User Tools: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/imad.html
_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/