Subject: mboned: More architecture options for mboned-rac-issues-03

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 12:48:10 +0100

Dear Authors,

I think there are other possible architectures that should be mentioned and
compared in the document:

1) Like passing the Authentication/authorisation information in the Join message
itself (like the IGAP protocol). This could be an extension for section 5.1
(something like IGMP/MLD with authentication information)

2) An extension to the L2/L3 can be to use a single 802.1x enabled router. This
would not need an ACL as it could directly modify its rules according to the
authentication outcome.

3) A further extension for the above case could be to have an 802.1x enabled
router. When a Join message is sent to it, it should initiate an EAP
authentication for this particular multicast session. It can still have a
backend AAA server.

If there is space for another co-author, then I would be very much willing to 
help you with writing these sections and adding their comparisons.

Regards
Prashant

-- 
Prashant Pillai
Research Assistant
School of Engineering, Design and Technology
University of Bradford
Bradford, BD7 1DP
West Yorkshire
United Kingdom
Phone: 0044-1274-233720
email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------
This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/