Subject: mboned: Mtrace for IPv6

From: Jerome Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:59:03 +0200

Hi,

Not sure this is the appropriate list but as this is an operational need 
it's good to have that here anyway :)

What is the status of mtrace for IPv6?
Can't we easily v6fy the actual mtrace? (note that mtrace gives us 
satisfaction so we maybe don't need to spend too much time reinventinig 
something new!)
Is someone working on it actively?

It's been quite a long time already and it's becoming more and more 
needed as the IPv6 multicast internent is becoming bigger and bigger...

Thanks

Jerome
_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/

---

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 21:28:07 +0200

> satisfaction so we maybe don't need to spend too much time reinventinig 

There is a m6trace in KAME and ecmh also has a version of it, should be
easy enough to implement it for other setups too.

> Is someone working on it actively?

Don't think that is really happening :(

Greets,
 Jeroen

(Who will try to get the multicast stuff back on track during the coming
couple of months..... I hope and if I got the time....)