Subject: mboned: BCP0120 RFC 4608 on Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast in 232/8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:52:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP0120        
        RFC 4608

        Title:      Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast in 
                    232/8 
        Author:     D. Meyer, R. Rockell,
                    G. Shepherd
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 15030
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0120

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-ssm232-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4608.txt

IP Multicast group addresses in the 232/8 (232.0.0.0 to
232.255.255.255) range are designated as source-specific multicast
destination addresses and are reserved for use by source-specific
multicast applications and protocols.  This document defines
operational recommendations to ensure source-specific behavior within
the 232/8 range.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/