Subject: [MBONED] addrarch: eGLOP and MADCAP to historic?

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:32:40 +0200 (EET)

AD review issue: eGLOP and MADCAP to historic?

2) Some mechanisms described in the draft haven't been used (at least
    very much).  Should we do something about them?

    2.1) RFC 3138 ("eGLOP") was never carried out; the draft states
    procedural reasons why IANA didn't allocate RIRs addresses, but the
    real reason may have been lack of IETF guidance or lack of demand.
    Should we mark it obsolete and Historic or do something about it?

    2.2) Since MADCAP implementations are few and in between and it
    hasn't been significantly deployed, should we do anything about it
    -- for example, reclassify both RFC2730 and RFC2907 as Historic or
    Experimental?

    Given that there are at least two implementations (AFAIK, Windows
    and an open-source project) even though not a lot of deployment,
    Historic would seem a bit big action.  Personally, I wouldn't have
    a problem with Experimental if it's worth the effort though.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned