Subject: [MBONED] 4 Byte ASN and MBGP

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:45:49 -0500

I heard a talk by Goeff Huston yesterday about 4 byte ASN numbers,  
and the
interoperability testing that had been done with 4 byte <-> 4 byte  
and 2 byte <-> 4 byte bgp.

Afterwards, I asked him if he knew of any similar interoperability  
testing for MBGP.

He said that he did not.

Has anyone here tested, or know of testing, for 4 byte <-> 2 byte  
interop in MBGP for multicast ?

Also, it occurs to me that 4 byte ASN, when mapped to the 23456 ASN,  
might
break interdomain MSDP. Does anyone know of the status of MSDP  
testing with 4 byte ASN ?

Regards
Marshall

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned