Subject: [MBONED] IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface Learning

From: "Jayanth Chennamangalam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:56:40 +0530

Hi!

IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface Learning (
draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00.txt>)
specifies a mechanism for the dynamic determination of the upstream
interface of a device running IGMP/MLD Proxy, as opposed to manual
configuration. The learning of the upstream interface is achieved by
listening for IGMP/MLD General Query messages on the interfaces of the proxy
device.

This document is actually intended for Multicast and Anycast Group
Membership (MAGMA) Working Group. Since MBONED is also involved in multicast
mechanisms, I thought it would be a good idea to request the WG members to
review the document. I would greatly appreciate it if the WG members could
review the draft and send me comments.

The draft is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00.txt

Thanks and regards,

Jayanth
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:14:01 -0400

On Apr 12, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Jayanth Chennamangalam wrote:

> Hi!
>
> IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface Learning ( draft-vijay-magma- 
> igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00) specifies a mechanism for the  
> dynamic determination of the upstream interface of a device running  
> IGMP/MLD Proxy, as opposed to manual configuration. The learning of  
> the upstream interface is achieved by listening for IGMP/MLD  
> General Query messages on the interfaces of the proxy device.
>
> Membership (MAGMA) Working Group. Since MBONED is also involved in  
> multicast mechanisms, I thought it would be a good idea to request  
> the WG members to review the document. I would greatly appreciate  
> it if the WG members could review the draft and send me comments.
>
> The draft is available at: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ 
> draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00.txt
>

Have you gotten approval to the MAGMA chairs for this ?  My  
understanding was that that WG was shutting down.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:14:01 -0400

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:17:47 -0400

Dear Jayanth;

Based on a discussion with Isidor, I think that we will need to  
consider this in Mboned.

Could the WG please take a look at this draft so that we can consider  
it for adoption.

Also, I will forward 4 relevant messages from MAGMA.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:17:47 -0400

Dear Jayanth;

Regards
Marshall