Subject: [MBONED] IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface Learning

From: "Jayanth Chennamangalam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:56:40 +0530

Hi!

IGMP/MLD Proxy Upstream Interface Learning (
draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00.txt>)
specifies a mechanism for the dynamic determination of the upstream
interface of a device running IGMP/MLD Proxy, as opposed to manual
configuration. The learning of the upstream interface is achieved by
listening for IGMP/MLD General Query messages on the interfaces of the proxy
device.

This document is actually intended for Multicast and Anycast Group
Membership (MAGMA) Working Group. Since MBONED is also involved in multicast
mechanisms, I thought it would be a good idea to request the WG members to
review the document. I would greatly appreciate it if the WG members could
review the draft and send me comments.

The draft is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vijay-magma-igmpproxy-upstream-intf-learning-00.txt

Thanks and regards,

Jayanth
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned