Subject: [MBONED] draft-ietf-behave-multicast

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:08:22 -0400

Folks,

draft-ietf-behave-multicast is up for IESG review this Thursday. I know
that a few of you have already reviewed and commented on this document,
so there shouldn't be many problems.

However, if anyone sees any reason why this document should not
progress, please email the list ASAP.

                                    Ron

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:09:22 +0100

> progress, please email the list ASAP.

Just a handful of relatively minor comments:

1)  The draft mentions MLD and MLDv2, yet states that IPv6 is out of scope
    (though there are interesting ways to have a proxy proxy between IPv4
     and IPv6 groups as per Stig's draft :)

2)  The draft appears to focus on IGMP handling by NAT (presumably typically
    SOHO devices), so maybe the title of the document should reflect that.
    The text states that NATed networks and PIM handling are out of scope so 
    maybe we should call the document something more specific?

3)  The text refers to 'inside segment(s)', does that mean that the
    text is in fact covering a case with a NAT device serving multiple
    internal subnets?   Or is the text referring to forwarding between
    internal interfaces purely layer 2 forwarding/bridging?

4)  Perhaps clarify more clearly where Reports should be expected to flow 
    inside->out, and Queries from outside->in.

5)  REQ5 mentions 'a protocol'... a bit vague - maybe just say the issue
    is out of scope.

6)  What about the two internal SSM senders issue, in the event that only
    one pulic IP address is available?   There was a good discussion on
    list about this but the document doesn't capture that?

-- 
Tim

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:09:22 +0100

-- 
Tim