Subject: [MBONED] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Multicast AAA coordinated 
                          between Content Provider(s) and Network 
                          Service Provider(s)
	Author(s)	: H. He, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-05.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-10-4
	
This memo presents requirements in the area of accounting and 
     access control for IP multicasting.  The scope of the requirements 
     is limited to cases that Authentication, Accounting and 
     Authorization (AAA) functions are coordinated between Content 
     Provider(s) and Network Service Provider(s). General requirements 
     for accounting and admission control capabilities including 
     quality-of-service (QoS) related issues are listed.  This memo 
     assumes that these capabilities can be realized by functions 
     implemented at edges of a network based on IGMP or MLD.  Finally, 
     cases for Content Delivery Services (CDS) are described as 
     application examples which could benefit from multicasting 
     accounting and access control capabilities as described in the 
     memo. 
      
     This memo defines requirements related to AAA issues for multi-
     entity provider models in which the network service provider and 
     content provider cooperate to provide CDS and various related AAA 
     functions for purposes such as protecting and accounting for the 
     access to content and network resources.  The requirements are 
     generally not relevant to cases in which there is not a reason to 
     share AAA functions between separate entities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned