Subject: [MBONED] Revised Charter for Consideration

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:42:48 -0500

As you may remember, in December we circulated a draft charter, which  
engendered 32 emails from 11 individuals on the mail list. Of those  
who expressed an opinion about the Charter, there were 6 in favor and  
2 against, which we feel is sufficient to declare rough consensus, at  
least on that draft.

Hiroshi and I had an teleconference this morning about MBONED and we  
discussed the Charter with our AD's. On the basis of this, a  
paragraph was added, saying

While the Working Group is not explicitly chartered to develop  
protocols it has in the past and may in the future work on Multicast  
protocols (such as Mtrace) that are not assigned to another working  
group. The Working Group will not entertain protocols under active  
development by other Working Groups of the IETF.

In addition, we incorporated wording suggestions from the list and  
corrected some other wording issues. The newly revised charter is at

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/mboned-0.pdf

We would like to have this before the IESG after this meeting, so we  
would like to get final consensus on this draft. Please

- if you have not spoken up in favor or against, please do so.  
Consider this a working group last call on this matter.
- Of course, please send any suggestions, textual improvements, etc.,  
to the list as well.

This will be discussed in Philadelphia as part of the general  
discussion.

Regards
Marshall & Hiroshi

_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned