Subject: [MBONED] SSMPING : Draft Status

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:14:35 -0400

On October 8 we issued a WGLC on SSMPING, to expire on October 24th.

There is clearly a consensus in the group to advance this draft.

Gorry Fairhurst asked :

3) I wonder why an IETF WG chooses to advance a protocol of this sort  
as Informational, rather than EXP or STD. Could the Chairs please  
clarify this, as I would expect this to be something that would anyway  
need to be written in the document write-up?

I think that that is a very reasonable question, and would prefer to  
advance this as PS.

We are issuing a 1 week call for WG Consensus on this matter.

Please indicate by Monday, November 3rd, whether or not you

- agree with advancing this as PS or
- want to keep it as informational.

Regards
Marshall
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned