Subject: Re: [MBONED] WG item adoption: <draft-asaeda-mboned-session-announcement-req-00.txt>

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:01:29 +0100

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 04:42:41PM +0900, Hiroshi Ohta wrote:
> I agree with Tim.  If bottlenecks in other work area is the only reason
> not to support, I think we should adopt this draft as a WG item.  Of
> course, Marshall and I will try to accelerate other items as well
> although sometimes it is beyond our control...

I think what might be useful is for the chairs to remind the WG what the
status of the existing drafts is, and what issues there are progressing them.
That may help clear up Pekka's concern that the WG is overloaded.

With the new IETF tools s/w is this still the formal WG home page?
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mboned-charter.html

If so, the milestones are all 2004, four years old.  

The good news is there's 'only' seven active drafts, but one or two seem
to have vanished, like the IPv4 unicast-based address draft from Dave
Thaler.   Presumably expired before it went up the chain.   Are there
others like this?

But we should still progress this draft - it's addressing a very important
issue.

Tim
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:01:29 +0100

Tim

---

From: "Tony Ballardie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:59:27 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Tim Chown
>

Agreed!

---

From: "Tony Ballardie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:59:27 +0100

Agreed!