Subject: [MBONED] [AMT] Section 6.6 (AMT IP Multicast Data)

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:30:27 +0900 (JST)

Hello.

AMT Internet-Draft Section 6.6 "AMT IP Multicast Data" says:

|   The UDP source and destination port numbers should be the same ones
|   sent in the original Query.  The UDP checksum SHOULD be 0 in the AMT
|   IP Multicast Data message.

This "SHOULD" is too strong.
Valid checksum (!= 0) is virtually mandatory for UDP/IPv6, and
otherwise (checksum == 0), packets will be dropped  (RFC2460 Section 8.1).

Or, should we use UDP-Lite instead?

Regards,

-- 
YOSHIFUJI Hideaki @ USAGI Project  <[email-masked]>
GPG-FP  : 9022 65EB 1ECF 3AD1 0BDF  80D8 4807 F894 E062 0EEA
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned