Subject: [MBONED] SSMPING v06 - new revision

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:54:09 -0600

I've sent Stig several minor editorial NiTs, which I think he'll roll 
into the next rev. of SSMPING.

I am happy with section 8 (recommendations), but I also have a comment 
on this section:

It seems to me that some of the recommendations here relate to the 
protocol and not the user interface. If this is the case, I would expect 
that the text needs to use RFC 2219 keywords - especially SHOULD and MAY.

In particular, I think the recommendation:
"Clients should by default send at most one request per second." needs 
to be a SHOULD, as we discussed on the list (at LEAST the default for 
general internet use). This is also a transport protocol issue, not just 
a security issue.

The following statement, also seems to me to be part of the same 
recommendation:
"By default, a server should perform rate limiting and for a given	 
client, respond to at most one Request message per second."

If we could copy an updated version of these two sentences to an earlier 
section (3.0?) that would seem even better.

Best wishes,

Gorry
_______________________________________________
MBONED mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned